Auxilium

"What is going on?" Georgie looked from Hannah to Andrew.
Hannah said, "Andrew just tell her. I don't have the guts."
Georgie looked at Andrew with hurt and confusion.
Andrew said, "Georgia, I love you. But I have a sisterly feeling for you. I love you like a sister. I realised that late but I did. You have every right to be mad at me."
Hannah started, "look I'm sorry, but you saw the truth. I don't want to do this to you."
Georgie was stunned. She said, Andrew, did you really think I liked you more than a brother? I love you, but only like a brother, so it's cool."
Georgie had to lie. She couldn't show how hurt she was. Andrew held a special place in her heart. She said, "anyway,this is Ace. He's a Ganymean as well. He had come for a quest but it seems that he was told to delay it. He is going to help us but only because I asked him to. So no more questions. And as I see it you guys would want to be together. We can book 2 rooms. The guys can be in one and Hannah and I can have a room. But I figure you would want to talk so we can do that after we take a good night's rest. It's evening already."
Hannah and Andrew agreed.
Ace looked at Georgie. Her red hair seemed to be on fire. He understood why she had lied about everything. He would talk to her when Andrew and Hannah would be talking. And as much as he didn't want to admit it, he wanted to talk to her.

***************

They went to the Palais Royale, which Hannah said was a hotel. It was magnificent and huge. It was really fancy, it had marble flooring, a beautiful ceiling and breathtaking portraits. Georgia went to book the the rooms. She could hypnotise the men on the counter into thinking they had already paid. She would take care of the rest later. While she tended to the necessities, Ace looked at Hannah and Andrew and said, "what are you two to her?"
Hannah said, "I am her sister and he is her best friend"
"How long have they been best friends if I may ask?"
"6 years."
"Wow. Even then you could betray her like that. Imagine if a guy says to a girl he likes her, what will she think? Take you two for example. If Andrew says to you he loves you, the what will you think? Brotherly? Or not? Don't answer this. Ask this question to yourselves rather than each other. All I know is she really is amazing and the things she is going through, huh, you guys don't even understand half of it."
Hannah got angry. "Who are you to her anyway? What makes you think you know her? We are her family. We know her better than anyone."
"And yet, I understand her best. Look, I'm not saying that you guys are wrong. But from her perspective, you are. I'm just a guy who met her and yet I know more than you think.
As if on cue, Georgia came and said, "Okay, I've booked two rooms. We will have room service and that's it. We cannot enjoy any of the luxuries since I can't hypnotise well right now for some reason. But I think it'll do. So Hannah, our room is 411 and the guys' room is 522. Let's go and keep up our stuff and then we can talk whatever."
"Okay" all three of them said in unison.
All of them walked in utter silence. They didn't know what to say to each other. They went to their respective rooms and put their things.
Hannah said, "look, I'm really sorry. But I really liked him. You know of all people that I would do anything for you. Also, if you want me to I can back out. Georgie, I love you. But I like Andrew too. I know you won't tell me what you're really thinking and I won't try and read your mind. I respect you too much for that. But listen, if you want me to, I will back off. I don't want to fight with you, and for a guy, whether he's your best friend or not."
Georgie started tearing up. She said, "no Hannah not at all. I'm happy that you guys ended like this. I really am. It's just that I thought Andrew meant he actually liked me. The way he said it I actually thought. But now it feels that I did too. But yes there was a brotherly feeling as well that's why it doesn't hurt much. So I'm not mad at you. I'm just mad at Andrew for even hinting such a possibility. I love you Hannah. You melted me by saying what you did. I'm really sorry too, for the way I acted with you."
"It's alright. We are sisters anyway." She smiled. "Anyway, what's up with you and Ace huh!"
"Oh it's nothing." Georgie was embarrassed but was laughing.
"Okay if you say so." Hannah couldn't suppress her laughter, nor could Georgie. They went out laughing, their arms linked, showing the strength of their bond.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Andrew, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said all that. You can't help your feelings. I understand that."
"Look, Ace, I know you meant well. I'm sorry too. I was wrong to do what I did, and that I told her that I liked her worsened the situation. We have more important matters to deal with anyway. All three of us care for Georgie, in our own way. You will probably start caring more once you start staying and listening to her every word. I need to apologize to her. I just don't know how."
"Just say what you feel."
"Thanks Ace. I'm really sorry."
"It's okay. I know how it feels. I had a best friend, who was in the same situation. He couldn't- nevermind, leave it. Go get her."
"I will. Thanks,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannah and Georgia were sitting by the pool. Talking. It felt as if Georgia had returned home. Hannah felt the same. Georgie was wearing shorts and a loose T-shirt on which was written, 'he who can see the invisible can do the impossible'. Hannah was wearing jeans with a yellow coloured checked shirt. Both of them, looked pretty in their own ways, or so the other thought. Andrew and Ace came to the swimming pool. Andrew called Georgie, "hey um, can I talk to you?"
"Sure." Georgia looked at Hannah and then Ace. Ace smiled at her encouragingly. That was all she needed. She got up and went with Andrew to take a walk around the pool. Andrew rushed to the apology. She could see he repented his actions and was well aware of his mistake. Regardless she kept her silence.
"Georgie, I'm really sorry. I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn't have hinted at anything. Don't get me wrong. You and I have been best friends for really long now. I thought there might be something more, so I tried."
"Huh you tried? You think that's enough? You think that's fair to me? You do what you want, when you want, and you expect me to be fine with it?"
"I don't. I'm not saying that you were wrong in any way. I'm saying that I know that you won't accept my apology so easily. But I get it. I'll make it up to you one day. Even if it means giving my life. I swear. I have loved you Georgie, the only difference is that you're like my sister. Guess I didn't realise that. But I will do everything that a brother does for his sister. That includes making mistakes and annoying people. I'm truly very sorry. Whatever is said right now is from my heart. I hope you will forgive me."
"Of course I will forgive you Andrew. I also felt that you were my brother. But I thought maybe it is more but now I realise it was never meant to be. I'm sorry I lashed out at you so badly. I mean you deserved it, but not so much."
"So are we friends now?"
"I'm afraid that's not possible."
"Wh-what? Why?"
"Andrew, look, when two people are best friends, is it possible to become friends again? You're a big idiot. I wonder why I'm even friends with you."
Andrew sighed, relived. He hugged her and she hugged him back. Hannah and Ace were watching from afar.Ace said, "I'm glad they are okay now."
"Yeah me too. But tell me one thing, you like her don't you?"
"Kind of, I mean I've known her for what a couple of hours. But that really doesn't stop my heart, so yeah I guess."
"One thing I will tell you though. Whatever you do, don't give her false implications. She will be so heartbroken that she will kill you. I've saw her a few minutes back when she came in the room, she had a broken pencil in her hand. So please, don't ever give her any false hope. If you do I will kill you I swear by the lord."
"Okay okay, I'm scared of you anyway so okay. Plus I would never want to hurt her so, it's  all good." Hannah laughed. Ace looked at Georgia and smiled.
"Looks like we all better go to sleep. It's been a long day for all of us."
Hannah looked at Andrew and Georgie, who were making their way back and said, "sure has."
That day, they realised while lying down, would be the last day of sound sleep they will ever have.