The ending

Georgia and Hannah had been talking for hours. They told the other what was actually going on. Hannah was not surprised that David was Max, or that Mia was Max or....But Georgia couldn't grasp any of it. She couldn't come to terms with it. She was trying to tell herself again and again that it wasn't her fault that her mom died. She was overwhelmed by the situation and didn't know what to do. Hannah said, "Stop it Georgia."
Georgia looked at Hannah, "Stop what?"
"Thinking about how it's your fault your mom died." Hannah said.
Georgia just smiled. She was amazed by the connection they had. She nodded. "Okay Hannah. But tell me one thing. After all that Max did, how can you still love him?"
Hannah looked tired. "I still love him because I knew he did it because his life was on the line. He was walking on thin ice. One wrong step would've meant the end of his life. He also did it partly for me."
Georgia understood. She nodded again. Then to lighten the atmosphere she said, "So how are you and Andrew?"
Hannah smirked. "Just as good as you and Jason are."
"Shut up" Georgia said laughing.
"Also, speaking of Jason I should go. He asked to meet me. He wanted to meet me. I don't know why."
Hannah smiled. "I do. He told me."
Georgia raised her eyebrows. "Really! Tell me."
Hannah shook her head. "Sorry. He'll tell you himself. He just asked me if what he was going to say was okay."
Georgia looked suspicious. "And what did you say?"
Hannah just smirked. "That it was the best gift anyone could ask for."

******************

"Hey Jason!" Georgia waved.
Jason was staring at the forest. He looked mesmerised by the butterflies and the birds. He looked at Georgia and motioned her to sit with him. Georgia went and sat next to him. They sat in silence for a moment. Then Jason looked at Georgia and said, "do you know why I called you? I mean, did Hannah tell you?"
Georgia shook her head. "No."
Jason looked relieved. "Okay. So I'll tell you. It's just I don't know how to."
Georgia looked weary. "Come on Jason, you can tell me anything."
Jason took a deep breath and said in a muffled voice. "Wi yu be ma gurfred?"
Georgia didn't understand. "Sorry what?"
Jason repeated it, more clearly this time, "Will you be my girlfriend?"
Georgia was stunned. She asked, "Why?"
Jason smiled. "You love listening to compliments isn't it? Fine then here goes. You are prettiest, sweetest and kindest person. Added to all that you are a fierce warrior, strong and brave as well. You stand up for what's right even if it means going against everyone. All the time I've known you, you have never ever been mean minded, or even angry towards, well, most people." Jason laughed and continued. "You are the one person for whom I can do anything and I won't hesitate even once. Thus having stated my reasons, I would love you to be my girlfriend."
Georgia had tears in her eyes. She wiped them off and said, "was that was the speech you gave Hannah?"
Jason laughed, "Well no. I just told her that one line before that speech. She was happy and honestly she just wanted to finish it off because she was going to meet Andrew so-"Jason laughed. Georgia laughed too.
Jason looked at Georgia, "Seriously! I give you such a good speech and you make fun of me.
Georgia walked upto Jason and said, "Pshhh you're a very dumb guy" and then without warning, Jason kissed her.
Again, after what seemed like a lifetime, they broke apart and walked towards the setting sun, content in each other's company.