Chapter 32-Nagisa & Ryuu (Final Chapter)

Dedicated to @jakelynnn :)

{read the A/N!}

THIRD PERSON POV

"Here's your ice cream. Vanilla with mint chips, right?"

"Yes! Thank you so much, Ryuu!" Nagisa replied, taking the cone of delicious ice cream from Ryuu's hands. Ryuu didn't say a word as he sat next to Nagisa on the bench with his double chocolate chip ice cream. After hearing each other's stories, they both needed time to think. What better way to sit silently as they feast on ice cream like how they used to.

The bench, the playground, the ice cream shop. There was not much change, except a fresh new coat of paint. Nothing had changed, nothing except them. They were older, they both knew of what the other felt for them, and what they felt. The next thing they had to do, was to act upon the newfound discovery. A step both were scared to take. They could pour their heart out, finally understand, but not able to go another step just yet.

Ryuu didn't know what to say, he just knew that he loves the girl next to him for who she is. He remained quiet, staring at her as she ate the ice cream. How he wished to know what she was thinking, to at least hear something.

"Time flies too quickly for my liking." Nagisa says, licking her ice cream. Ryuu continues to look at her as she stares at the young children play with longing in her eyes. "One day I'm celebrating my tenth birthday, and I swear, before I blink...Bam! It's my sweet sixteen or something..."

"I agree," Ryuu replies, placing his hand on top of Nagisa's hand that was resting on the bench. "because before I know it, I see you back in my life. And when that happened, it felt as if the years I've waited to see you again shortened so much."

Nagisa stayed silent, her mouth inches away from the ice cream. Whenever she thought of how Ryuu had waited, she could feel the guilt, how she didn't deserve his love. He waited, and all she did was shy away and keep the letter. Gosh, she felt so selfish, but to have him not even needing to forgive her, it had warmed her heart, yet guilt her even more.

"Nagisa?" Ryuu queried softly, gazing at Nagisa with worry in her eyes. He knew it was something that was slightly sensitive of him to mention, but she had to overcome it. He knew she had her ups and downs as well, and no right to feel guilty over his situation. However, the old Ryuu would not have spoken up, but now he had to. Anything to reassure Nagisa, who seemed so far from her original self with all the worries she had put herself in.

"Nagisa, you were worth the wait. Don't feel guilty because I know you suffered on your part as well. This was never a one-sided thing. We can overcome it together, even if we have to take baby steps." Nagisa brightened up at his words, and he could feel happiness spreading around him.

"Okay." she replied. "But you have to tell me something. Why did you get so moody sometimes? You still haven't explained your actions at Sakura's resort house last night."

Wasn't it obvious? Knowing her, Ryuu guessed that she thought the good of people so much, she missed out their true motives. Sucking in a deep breath, Ryuu knew he shouldn't hide anything from her. Not when he wanted a relationship with her.

"I'm going to admit this once, so listen." Ryuu mutters. Nagisa raised an eyebrow, listening carefully to whatever he had to say. "I was jealous."

"What?" Nagisa jokes. Cupping her hand around her ear as she smiled. "I couldn't hear you loud enough, Ryuu!"

"I was jealous!" he exclaimed a little too loudly. "Of Adam, Yahiro, President Char and practically every guy I've seen near you!"

Nagisa laughed loudly, but as his words sinked in, she stopped. Then she faced Ryuu, whose face was tinged pink. Shoving the remaining ice cream and cone into her mouth, she cupped both her hands around Ryuu's cheeks and pinched them.