Chapter 25-Fireworks; Autumn Awaits

NAGISA'S POV

"Ryuu! What are you doing here?"

"Hey Nagisa, I'd like to ask you the same thing too."

I thought he'd be back in Japan by now. Summer was coming to an end, and there were only a few days left before I had to part with my dear Hawaii once more.

He was dressed casually, and alone.

Where were Jun and Megumi? Wouldn't they be next to him right now?

"Well, I decided to stay with Kei and Hikari. Akira didn't want to miss out on some tea events back at home, and dragged Tadashi back with her. The twins' parents wanted to spend time with them, so they went along with their musical tour around North America. What are you doing here, your villa is so far away." he replies sheepishly.

"I, uh, have a house here too." I was being honest, but to him I bet I didn't seem like I was, considering how I was speaking.

He doesn't really believe me, I can see it in his eyes.

"Did something happen? Is it because of Samuel?"

I shushed him, dragging him out of the mall. Samuel's spies were everywhere, and recently, I realised even the closest of people, namely Adam, could not be so easily trusted. Somehow, I felt that Ryuu was innocent in this.

"It's hard to explain, so I won't. His men are everywhere and I don't want to put you, or the SA in any more danger than you probably might be in." I say, once we ended up on the route back to my house here. Ryuu was thankfully understanding, and didn't ask any more questions.

We sat next to each other at the beach, and I hope to have some form of normalcy for now.

"So, what have you been doing here?" I ask Ryuu, hoping he wouldn't ask about me at all. So he wouldn't know that I wanted to protect him and everyone close to me, to put myself in the battlefront as a shield.

We laughed and talked about all the fun things he did. From getting Kei pissed to end up tasting Hikari's version of pineapple coconut shake. It felt great, even though my stomach's awfully pain from all the laughter.

"Do you want to drop by my place? I can get a chauffeur to send you back to..." I trailed off, with the sudden realisation that I had no idea where he stayed. I may have even caused him to stray further from where he's actually staying. I felt really bad.

"I guess it's okay. It is rather awkward sharing a suite with Kei and Hikari, and your cousin obviously is counting the days, praying I'd go back so he would have Hikari all to himself. I don't even like Hikari that way."

I laugh as I dust the sand off my clothes, and walking next to Ryuu, back to my house. "There's one or two spare rooms you can take. I'll let you give Kei a ring later."

"A ring? Why would I give Kei a ring?" Ryuu gives me a puzzled look.

"A call, give him a call!" I start laughing uncontrollably again, our conversation in English clearly not well understood, I guess. It's okay, I would help him.

Ryuu nods, his face flamed red in embarrassment, but I didn't mind it at all. We were enjoying, having fun. That's all that matters.

Once we reached, I walk into the kitchen with Ryuu behind. I could hear Poppy talk.

"Nagisa!" she calls out happily. "And Ryuu?"

She's puzzled by his presence for a moment, but suddenly she seems unfazed by it. "David's coming back! Tomorrow! Oh my gosh I'm so quitting the toy store job!"