Chapter 17-Caught-Part Three

Chapter 17-Caught

PART THREE

NAGISA'S POV

Ryuu crushed the paper angrily, unwilling to reveal the details. It arrived at the doorstep this morning, with a picture of the twins drugged and tied up in a filthy room. I picked up the crushed paper and read the fancy words on the paper.

'I have the twins. Bring Nagisa and make her accept my terms. Maybe I'll let them go.

-S'

Scrawled in messy handwriting below was the address, which, after checking Google Maps, revealed a run-down building, the signs already fallen off the hinges and metal rusting everywhere. Location? Practically in the middle of nowhere.

The SA arrived soon after, examining the crushed paper while Ryuu sat on his couch, expressionless.

"What does this S person even want with you? We can just beat the crap out of them and leave with the twins!" Hikari said, punching her fist in the air.

"It's not that simple," I reply Hikari with a solemn look. "If it really comes to complying with the terms, I'll do it. The twins don't deserve this. And not all of us can fight off these cunning men. We've already had some experience." I tried not to refer anymore to how Ryuu couldn't protect them but I just had to get things straight.

"Let's just go now, we can plan everything later. Wouldn't that be easier?" Tadashi finally finished his sandwich and spoke up.

"We can't call the police, the place is so empty who knows what S would do to the twins." Ryuu said as he got up and made his way to the door.

It was deathly silent ride as I kept quiet and focused on the road. We finished our plan in less than five minutes and there was still half and hour to go. Kei, Hikari, Ryuu and I were to find the twins. Akira would accompany Tadashi to take care of the guards with the baseball bats we brought along. I fiddled my thumbs, wondering what S wanted me to do. And to think my mother would probably start a suing spree and end up missing work due to every lawsuit she files because of this when she hears of it. Thank god she has my Aunt Alice Maisy Alberto, the excellent lawyer that could work her way through every lawsuit thrown at her.

I looked at the rusted, old building and wondered, with all the major earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan occurring every now and then, this building hasn't even crumbled.I touched Ryuu's shoulder and reassured him that the twins would come out safely. Akira stood by the door and peeked in. Somehow because of the location, who needs security? They didn't even bother locking or at least closing the door.

Grabbing Tadashi to prevent him from wandering off, Akira wished us the best of luck before we ran in and tried to find the twins. But for me, I wanted to find S and confront him more than anything else. I will not give up on freeing them. Megumi was innocent, fed by lies and her relationship's secrecy threatening to be revealed. I completely understood her plight.

The hallway was silent, except a couple of grunts and shouts as we took down the guards. Thankfully we found some rope and tied them up. I don't even know how we'll fend them off if they all attack when they're conscious and fully aware of our presence.

It was easier said than done. The hallways were so quiet, and so were the guards. How were we going to navigate like this? At the fourth floor, we split. Hikari was to go with Ryuu, much to Kei's dismay. I ran next to the mass of dark aura known as my cousin Kei and we knocked the guards by the door, which said "Room Five-Soundproof". I nodded at Kei as he kicked the door open. My hands flew over my mouth in shock, muffling my gasp. Megumi laid on the ground, tears pooling out. She couldn't get up, her hands bound by thick rope behind her.