Chapter 08-Hikari, That Idiot

HIKARI'S POV

I came to the greenhouse with slight bags under my eyes. Last night I skimmed through so many different dessert books, and I found the perfect recipe. I was so excited I could barely sleep a wink. A quick trip to the market and I have everything I need. I never felt this excited. The only other time I felt like this was when I was making something for Kei. I just can't wait to see Nagisa's face when he tries out my pudding!

Akira had offered to supervise me, just like the last time, so I had absolutely nothing to worry about. I still remembered the happy look on Nagisa's face when he wanted pudding. I'm going to make sure he would have the same look when I present him the delicious pudding.

I reached school too early, and had to wait for half an hour before Akira sauntered towards the kitchen with a smile on her face. I didn't know what happened, but her face creased into a slight frown at the sight of me. I think she probably wasn't feeling well, since her face had paled slightly as well. I hope she feels better soon.

"You're...You're making that...that...pudding...today?" she stuttered in her speech, her face full of shock. Is there something wrong with making the pudding today? I didn't peg her as the auspicious type. Is there even a specific day for these kind of things?

"Of course!" I replied smiling happily at her. She reached for her key to the kitchen and opened the door. The kitchen, sparkling clean and tidy, welcomed us with a bright shine reflecting against the table by the sunlight streaming through the windows. The perfect setting for me to make pudding, since my mother wouldn't even let me step in the kitchen. Until now, she hasn't even told me why. I just broke the stove, which has been there for fifteen years. About time it broke down anyways.

"Please don't make a mess. While you're making the pudding, I will see to the tea time snacks and the earl grey tea we're having today." Akira said as we placed our bags in the cabinet and donned an apron. I nodded back at her.

"What kind of pudding are you making? Those delicious Hokkaido mlik ones...or?" Akira asked as she prepared her ingredients.

I told her what I was making and her eyes widened before she walked off to fetch a bowl. Oh, I can't wait to see Nagisa's expression when he finds out and how he is going to love it!

NAGISA'S POV

I waited for nearly half a day. Akira told me Hikari was making the pudding today. Even after Akira served tea, Hikari was still inside, making the pudding.

"How long does she need to make that pudding?" I asked, tapping my foot on the ground. Under the strict orders of Hikari, I was not to eat anything until she was done with her pudding. I could feel my stomach growl for the millionth time. The biscuits Tadashi were feasting on weren't exactly helping.

"Have patience. She'll come out eventually." I heard Ryuu said as he stroked the koala he brought with him today. His facial expression showed a slight bit of depression as he smiled sadly and buried his face in the koala's fur.

Jun and Megumi were watering the plants, Tadashi munching on all the snacks and Akira sipping on her tea. Kei was stoning, as usual, so I attempted conversation with my cousin.

"So, Kei. I heard Hikari made rice balls for you once. Was it nice?"

Akira spat out her tea while the twins paled. Kei on the other hand, actually managed a smile. This was strange.

"Of course it was nice. Anything Hikari makes from the heart is nice." he said, smiling. Grinning from ear to ear, showing off all his pearly white teeth and clearing the usual stone expression off. Somehow, he had a dark aura around him. It felt like he was trying to say, "Don't ever say her food isn't nice!"