Chapter 13-The Road Of Honesty And Humiliation

CHAIRWOMAN KARINO'S POV

"Chairwoman Karino speaking. Who am I speaking to?" I picked up the number and looked at the caller ID. Funny, a foreign number is calling me, and it's rare because I handle matters in the country only. I reeled back my temper, already pissed that I had to come back during the weekend for paperwork.

"I'm so sorry for calling. I've sent some paperwork for my daughter. I can't reach her and I'm really busy. Those documents are top secret and confidential, so I trust you as the chairwoman, to help with this favour." the lady at the end of the line spoke in English. Huh. She must really be so busy, and what kind of top secret and confidential thing would a teenager have to be exchanged with her parent?

"May I know the name of you daughter? You might be calling the wrong school because we only accept calls in Japanese. But if you're so busy, I guess it's the only exception." I replied icily. Is she trying to call the international school a few streets away? Did she not know who she was speaking to?

"Her name?" she paused, before saying it out, still speaking in English. For a busy woman I didn't even expect her to hesitate for such a long time before telling me her daughter's name. Her daughter's name for god's sake!

"Takishima Nagisa Alberto. She transferred over here quite some time ago, yes?" I couldn't keep my usual cool as I heard the lady over the line. She. The lady referred to Nagisa Alberto as Takishima Nagisa Alberto with a she. That student needs a lot more explanation than the report on the regular impression of Japanese education. A lot of explanation.

"Yes, I will see into this matter. Don't you worry, Mrs Takishima Alberto." And I slammed the phone down, my blood boiling with rage and rage only. My personal secretary, who managed to actually last for a year already, stuck her head out of the door with a worried look on her face.

"Is..Is...I...s..." my secretary stuttered in her speech.

"What is it that you want to ask!" I hollered at the top of my lungs and she shrank back.

"Is...Is...Is...anything...wrong, Chairwoman...is...there?"

"Yes," I said, glaring at her. "there is. GET NAGISA ALBERTO TO MY OFFICE THIS INSTANCE!" I yelled at her and her face paled, making her already pale face that lacked makeup even more ghost-like.

"But...but..."

"No buts! I want her here now! No matter if it's a Saturday or Sunday or a public holiday, I WANT NAGISA ALBERTO HERE!"

My secretary nodded and shrunk back to her office table outside. She poked her head out of the door moments later and said softly, "Nagisa Alberto should be here shortly." and she shut the door before I could utter a single word.

Ransacking through all the documents on every single student of Hakusen, I took out the small file she had sent me for her application. True, none of the paperwork was fake and I didn't know how to accuse her. As the chairwoman, any reason should be valid. I was really angry and so I assumed a reason will slip later. I hated liars too. Even though I was not a truth-seeking person like a particular family I know, I still wanted honest people.

If word spread that someone managed to lie her way into the school system, it would cause chaos. However, she provided excellent assistance to the teachers for all their examination papers.

Then, I found the perfect punishment for Nagisa. No, her intelligence stated in her paperwork was too valuable to let go and expel her, so I thought of another way. Now all I need is to confront her and my plan will come into action.