Chapter 15-I'm Back

Chapter 15-I'm Back

NAGISA'S POV

Three weeks flew by before I realised how quickly time passed. Two weeks were spent on intensive revision, and then a whole week of examinations. So much had happened, it wasn't only just the chairwoman realising who I was. There was also the meeting with those heirs and heiresses, and a really sweet Valentine's Day.

I've put so much effort into understanding the examination formats of Japan, and to do papers completely in a different language that I'm used to.

I was so anxious on the day after marking day, I went to school with my socks stuffed in my bag and my hair tie around my ankles. It was an odd feeling when a girl pointed it out to me.

What if I didn't do well enough?

Plenty of students swarmed the scoreboards like bees to honey, trying to figure out which class they would end up at if there were any changes in their grades. I decided to wait, since they all had to get to class, and I could choose not to.

As the bell rang and signalled for the first lesson if the day, the crowd slowly thinned, making it easier for me to move towards the scoreboard. I sighed in relief as I couldn't find my name amongst the list of Class F. The chairwoman had kept her word and I was grateful for that. Now, I just hope my qualifications and education in Hawaii was good enough to make me SA-worthy in Japan.

I slowly glanced at the results, wondering what my rank was. I decided to start from the bottom, because having high hopes might not even do the trick this time.

EIGHT-Tsuji Ryuu

That meant that I had made it! My results were amongst the SA!

SEVEN-Toudou Akira

SIX-Karino Tadashi

FIVE-Yamamoto Megumi

FOUR-Yamamoto Jun

THREE-Hanazono Hikari

I gasped at Hikari's rank. I couldn't possibly be that high, could I?

The top two places consisted of two Takishima family members, and it must have been the reason everyone was gathering around. I bet they were wondering if we were related.

I blinked a couple of times, pinched myself, then looked at the scoreboard again.

TWO-Takishima Kei

ONE-Takishima Nagisa Alberto
(PLEASE SEE MRS KARINO)

I couldn't believe it. I really managed to prove it to her! Checking our scores, I realised that I had beaten my cousin by half a mark.

I wasn't going to get expelled, and I could just go to the SA.

And there was also a board of post-it's expressing the student's unhappiness.

'How could another Takishima be rank one?'

'That's Nagisa from Class F! How could she move so high up?'

'She doesn't attend lessons at all! She must've paid the chairwoman for the rank!'

I winced at all the negative comments, but I continued reading. I wanted to know how competitive they could get, not how bad their sportsmanship was.

'How could that half-blood beat us all! And beat Kei!'

'Wow! The rumours about her intelligence was true!'

"Kei...was beaten...." a voice trails behind me. I turned and saw Tadashi eyeing the half mark difference on the scoreboards.

"It's just half a mark," Kei scoffs, frowning at the half a mark as if it was nothing but smudged ink. I then realised that the SA were all gathered behind me, peering at their scores.