Chapter 20-Just A Cup Of Tea

NAGISA'S POV

"Sit."

What am I, a dog?

I keep that comment to myself. Ryuu's eyes were blazing with anger even though he was trying his best to keep it inside. Apparently, he was failing. Bad. I could tell. I held on to the sloth close to me, hoping Ryuu's angry aura would not reach the poor creature in his deep slumber.

Where are we exactly? Ryuu just grabbed my hand and we walked down streets and streets and streets until we reached this fancy cafe. Ryuu ordered a Latte and a Frappe before storming towards the corner seat by the windows. All this while grabbing on to my hand as if his life depended on it. I knew how he must've felt. I don't even know if the pain I felt was equaled to, or more than his.

I sat slowly and quietly, this was when Ryuu loosened his grip on my hands, staring at me I intently, hurt evident in his eyes. Once he thinks that I wouldn't run from him, he slowly sat down, sighing.

His face softened for a moment, before it turned cold and he looked at me in the eye.

"You can't return for good. You promised."

Promise? Oh.

Those years ago.

"Ryuu, Megumi, Jun!" I had called out to the twins and Ryuu at that time. They spun around and looked at me. Today was likely to be our last play date, well, my last. "I'm leaving soon. We'll probably never see each other again."

Their faces fell upon hearing that, I could still remember how disappointed they were. We became best friends in less than a week, and I hung out with them every day. I broke through the walls of the twins, making them open up more and enjoy the moment.

"You'll come back, won't you?" Megumi asked worriedly, her voice soft and timid.

I nod, and replied. "Of course I will, and I'll make sure to find you guys. We'll have another play date!"

Ryuu grabbed my hand in an iron grip. I looked at him and saw various emotions in his eyes. Back then, I was too young to notice all the swirling feelings of Ryuu, so I did not understand.

"Don't leave." he pleads. "We like you here."

I didn't want to leave either.

I shook my head, tears stinging in my eyes. "Your lives are all centred here like how mine are in Hawaii. I can't stay now."

"Promise to come back?" Jun had said, his eyes shining brown. "And this time, you stay longer?"

"Come back many many many more times!" Megumi smiled, somewhat excited about meeting in the future.

"Find us." Was all Ryuu said as I shook hands with them, sealing the deal we made.

I turned back to Ryuu now, and his eyes were sad. Ryuu's eyes were the easiest to read, I guess. Which is why I look at those beautiful green orbs to seek his feelings.

"I remember. In fact, I remember everything that happened that month."

He looks at me confused, a smile tugging at his lips.

"You said you were going to come back many many more times, yet now you're just going to leave and never come back?" he asks.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I can only hope."

"I can never find much of a fault against you, but you should stop being the martyr." Ryuu mutters. He thinks I didn't hear, but I did. He was busy fumbling with his thumbs, looking down, apparently deep in thought.