Chapter 05-Confession?!

NAGISA'S POV

Upon reaching my apartment, I shut the doors and ripped off the wig, throwing it on the coffee table as I plopped on the couch and sighed. I really should get out, buy some food from a nice long, first say. After finding myself an outfit, I put on a cream-coloured coat and a beret over my hair, that was left down. This was going to be a nice walk around town, along memory lane.

I really missed this place. The childhood areas I've been to during my one month trip were all nearby, and it was also near the areas in which my parents had cleared the schedule to spent time with me. The memories were bittersweet. Almost everything was the same, except the aquarium that became a themed costume Café.

As I looked at one of the playgrounds, I blinked once before noticing a hunched figure on the swing. He was too tall for a child, and dressed in the SA uniform. Closer inspection told me it was Ryuu. What was he doing here?

It was shocking to see him there. What was more shocking was that my legs were compelled to walk closer, and I found myself on the swing next to his. He doesn't know me, and it makes the conversation more carefree. I didn't really know how interesting it was to have myself talk to a stranger. However, Ryuu was no stranger, yet I didn't reveal myself to him. Unlike strangers, he would have an impression of me deep inside, if he still remembered. I decided to start the conversation, trying my best to not sound like the guy he had met today. Apart from the similar height and face shape, I doubt he could link it.

"Remembering childhood memories?" I asked, swinging next to him.

"Not really. Just missing someone really badly." he replied.

"How come? Don't you have friends by your side?" I blurted.

He sighed. "Both of them will find their other half one day, and leave me be. I don't want that. I want happiness like theirs."

"That's selfish! You'll definitely find someone." I replied angrily, yet there was a pang of guilt.

"I won't. There's someone in my heart. I gave her a letter professing my love, yet she didn't reply. I know she has a boyfriend by now, but I can't seem to let her go." Ryuu said softly.

"There's someone in my heart too." I blurted by accident. "I made a mistake. I didn't have the courage to reply. And I can't forget him too."

"I wished I had the courage to confess to her directly."

"I wished I gave him a reply."

"I want to meet her again."

"I want to meet him again."

"I want to see her smile again."

"I want to see him smile."

"I miss listening to her talk about animals."

"I miss listening to him talk about animals."

"I miss her."

"I miss him."

"I think I really love her."

"I think I really love him."

And suddenly, I realised what I was doing and I clapped my mouth shut. I couldn't believe that I just did that!

"Sorry. I said too much." I told him as I got up and left.

"Don't leave." Ryuu said, grabbing my wrist. "Please."

No. No. No. What was going on? Is he really driven to the brink of loneliness thinking about that girl? I knew who he was talking about. Just a hunch. It could have been someone else. It has to be someone else.