~Chapter 22 In Nagisa's Eyes~

BONUS CHAPTER~Chapter 22 In Nagisa's Eyes~

{read the a/n, it's important}

NAGISA'S POV

The flight landed after eight hours of movies, games, and lots of thinking. I needed to tell my mother desperately, but Aunt Alice would have to do. My parents were too busy now to make time for a conversation. Besides, I trust that Aunt Alice would relate everything I said to my mother when she met her.

"Aunt Alice," I say, greeting my aunt who was waiting for me. Wait, she was supposed to be taking care of Chitose at the villa, wasn't she?

"Chitose's sleeping. Poor boy claims he's sleeping off your jetlag so you guys can play or something." Aunt Alice shrugs casually, but doesn't exactly look the part of casual. Her hair hung loose as she wore regular jeans and a printed tee, she just had to wear that vest to make her look semi-formal.

"Okay. Aunt Alice, we need to talk."

She knows what to do once I've said that. We walked to the nearest coffee source and we sat down. To say I was jet-lagged was an understatement. I was dead tired, and I felt like I haven't slept in two days. Oh, the things jet-lag do to people. And I've only landed for like, what, an hour ago?

After two to three cups of various kinds of coffee, we were done. Aunt Alice was fuming mad, and the clicking of her kitten heels could show that as well.

If only I could drive, I would've. The way Aunt Alice gripped the steering wheel until her knuckles were ghastly white, how she was so close to breaking the law. I was worried for her lawyer status. She shouldn't lose it over Samuel Robeguise.

"It's not that bad, Aunt Alice."

"Yes, it is! It's my fault that all this happened. I was the one who recommended Samuel after hearing of how good he was, and insisted Melissa employ him. Now I know, we're going to take him down." Oh, how my aunt's maturity level ceases to amaze me. One moment she's dead serious, the next she's sounding like some Nancy Drew.

By the time we reached the villa, it was almost four in the morning. Aunt Alice insisted I sleep and unpack tomorrow before she retreats to one of the many guest rooms.

The next morning, I put on my neon green bikini and slide on my wetsuit halfway. Grabbing my custom-made navy blue surfboard with lightning yellow and white patterns sprayed randomly, off the rack, I ran out to the beach. Surfing never felt so good in home waters. In Japan, the waters were slightly colder and I had to put my wetsuit on completely, giving my arms no chance to get full contact on the cool waters.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something dive into the water. Curious, I paddled on my surfboard to get a closer look. Were the dolphins here?

Well, to my disappointment, it was just a juvenile Hawaiian Monk Seal. These guys were rare, but I'd see them occasionally.

Realising that not much marine life frolic so close to the beach, I swam further offshore, trying to get a glimpse of some of Hawaii's marine life.

Something nudged me from behind, followed by a series of chirpy clicks and whistles. They were here. And one of them different from the rest. If dolphins could smile cheekily, I bet Dash would sport a cheeky smile now. The oddball of the group, the sole bottlenose dolphin of the group was the first to approach me. Not far behind was Megan, and the rest of the pod.

I eyed them warily, and wondered if deep down, behind all the cheery-sounding clicks and high-pitched whistles, they were nowhere over Madeleine's demise. Madeleine kept them together, and now, Megan tried and succeeded. I counted and realised there were more dolphins that before, some of the larger dolphins with young calves.