Chapter 11-Lily Where Are You From?

Chapter 11-Lily, Where Are You From?

NAGISA'S POV

I felt like running off at the sight of him. Not because it repelled me in any way, but because I didn't want him to get the truth out of me. I don't want to be trapped in a web of lies, but I know I'm already knee-deep in lies.

In a web of lies I've made for myself.

I adjusted my shades, which have gotten a couple of stares since it isn't normal to have them on at five in the evening. At least it hides fifty percent of my face, keeping my true identity safe.

"Hey Lily." Ryuu says as I sit next to him on the bench. How did he know it was me? And not some other person?

I took the sloth off Ryuu's lap and cuddled it. It was adorable, and I felt like I could stroke it all day and... And I realised that I was supposed to be talking to Ryuu.

"I didn't know that you knew Poppy." he starts, staring at me with such a level of seriousness I was feeling scared. "She dropped by to see her boyfriend, some guy named Nagisa who's in my class..."

I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth, that the boy in his class and I were the same person. And that Poppy wasn't the boy's girlfriend. In fact, I feel pretty disgusted just thinking about it. Poppy had more exotic tastes, like the Russian surfer, not a regular guy that looks just like her best friend.

"I'm Nagisa's cousin, Lily Alberto." I replied without a single thought. Silently, I was apologising to my real and six year old cousin, studying in the states. "Poppy's a friend of my cousin."

It was true, but if I was the one saying it, it didn't seem appropriate any longer.

If it were a white lie with the truth, was it considered a white truth? Ryuu had so much trust, I could see that he believed me from the look in his eyes,

I buried my head in the small sloth, muttering silently, "He gets a bit too worked up, doesn't he?"

He cleared his throat and I looked up, ready to attempt to entertain his question.

"You are from Hawaii too, right? Do you know a girl roughly our age called Nagisa. She's a child prodigy, I don't know if you heard of her before..." he trails off as I give him an incredulous look.

"I don't know any child prodigies, and the only Nagisa I know is my cousin, and he's a boy."

He sighs, and I see the look of defeat in his eyes. It pains me, but I had to. I couldn't bring myself to be more courageous.

"Lily, where are you from?" I tensed at his question. "Is it some trend to wear sunglasses from where you live?"

"I'm from America," I say honestly. "And yes, people wear sunglasses..."

Hawaii is a part of America, so no harm done here.

"Oh," he said, face now expressionless. What was he thinking? Was my lies, mixed with the truth, believable?

"Hey, the mysterious person you mentioned the first time we met here, is it by chance the Nagisa girl you asked about?" I mentioned all of a sudden. I felt like I was pretending to be someone else to get information out of him of myself. I felt a little disgusting but still, I wanted to know.

His face looked no different from a tomato. He stuttered on his words, I couldn't even make out what he was saying and before I knew it, he sniffed and turn away.

I don't know what to make out of this situation.

"If it's a topic you can't talk about its okay. I'll take my leave now." I told Ryuu as I got up from my seat and decided to walk off.

"Wait, Lily!"

And he gave me a hug. "Thanks," he said. And I personally don't think I actually was of any help to him in the first place...

"Sorry," I said, pushing away from him, leaving him shocked. "You're killing the poor sloth in the middle." As if on cue, the sloth looked up and gave such a cute look anyone could melt to. Especially if you were an animal lover like Ryuu. I took the chance to walk off. I just couldn't do this.

Still, every time I leave my wig, I get some kind of insecurity and a feeling I was being stalked...I took measures to prevent visitors from visiting me since I was sick, but not before Kei reached. Hopefully this secret is still between me and the Hillocks. As well as Kei, even though it pains me to say that.

{published 04/02/2014}

A/N
So, I've reached more than 240+ reads and
I can't help but thank all of you guys for the support!
If you have any questions, press the comment button and ask.
Questions will be answered in the Author's Note in the next update/chapter.
Read, Vote, Comment!
Enjoy reading ;)

theonlyphyn <3