Chapter 06-Test Or Trip?!

NAGISA'S POV

I looked through my bag one last time before I zipped it up. I was ready for whatever Kei planned for the mysterious inter-SA event. I didn't even know if I could trust the packing list he had given all of us.

A week had passed, and I still felt a little shaken and my heart would flutter, causing a guilty feeling from the pit of my stomach ever since the encounter with Ryuu. It wasn't easy, but I managed to pull through all the moments it felt as if Ryuu was staring through my soul. I smiled to everyone as if I wasn't affected by anything. I could see that Ryuu was hiding his emotions, but he couldn't possibly figure me out so quickly, could he?

Guilt took over me like a possessive spirit. All because I gave him no reply. It was no different from taking his heart and crushing it repeatedly. To leave someone hanging and possibly heartbroken was most likely the worst thing I've ever done in my short existence. Shaking my head, I hoped the past went back to where it truly belonged: the past.

I can't lose focus now. I have to beat the smirk off my arrogant cousin Takishima Kei. Nothing else should matter, for now. I'm still constantly worried about Ryuu, since everyone had a limit to hiding pent-up frustration and emotions, his would probably be stretched to the maximum by now. Yes, I'd give him credit for being able to hide when everyone's attention on him, but I did catch him a couple of times.

My heart always sank to the bottom of the ocean when he sighed and had his face down. I knew he was trying to hide his emotions. He kept doing it, and I felt worried. It was all because I tricked him into thinking he had subconsciously confess to someone he liked to a person by the name of Lily.

Sighing, I decided to focus on the current challenge ahead. I had no idea how Kei could convince that devil in a woman's body to agree to this arrangement. I guessed she just wanted to have her son toughen up? I don't think anyone but her could understand what was going on in that beastly, demonic mind of the chairwoman.

"All ready?" Akira asks dejectedly as she checked her three bags once more. I may be a girl, just like them, but minus the guy attire, I could easily stuff everything I need into a single duffel bag. Also, I couldn't lug around a suitcase like a girl, I was pretending to be a guy!

"Yes!" Hikari punches her fist into the air. "All we have to do is to wait for Takishima!" I still tense whenever Hikari says that, it does take some time getting used to that.

I could still recall every single time my head turned around, nearly giving me whiplash every time Hikari said "Takishima!"

It was extremely unnerving, and I just hoped no one noticed.

A side glance towards Hikari's belongings showed that she too, had more than one bag. Apart from a medium sized back pack, she had a small luggage with her.

I look to see how much Megumi brought, and I saw a massive thirty-inch luggage next to her, packed to the maximum. Girls. How much do they really need? I am a girl but sometimes there's always the little things that are to be questioned.

I wanted to voice my unhappiness with his punctuality problems, but just like every busy rich company heir, he needed to go for business meetings. I know from my dad that he and his twin were extremely baby-faced (as I obviously scoff at my dad's way-too-young face) but my dad looked smart with his glasses instead of contacts to make himself younger than he already looked. Baby-faced certainly expressed youth, not wisdom. Business dealings needed wise leaders, so probably due to Kei's strictly stoned face, they would gain the upper hand. And also probably because of his excellent business mindset, or so I've heard.