Chapter 27-Family Reunion

{read the A/N if you're confused by the end of the chapter}

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"This isn't going to end well."

Kei nods, understanding the situation. Nagisa's father wasn't welcomed by any of the Takishimas ever since he married, and when his wife was with a child, be it theirs or an adopted kid, he was forced to go out publicly under Sho Alberto, instead of Takishima Sho. His full name, however, still kept his family's name, and his wife's family name. His close friends, and Kei's grandfather knew he changed to Takishima Sho Alberto, just to piss the old man even more.

"Maybe grandfather decided to welcome his son back?" Kei questions, but Nagisa simply shakes her head. She doesn't believe in grandfather suddenly becoming nice to them. She had heard from her parents, who'd always go for a family reunion with her mother's relatives, where her Grandpa Mason Alberto would welcome them with wide arms. Not the strict man who controlled his children's happiness, who couldn't feel happy that her father had found love with someone he didn't get a chance to know because he was that stubborn.

She knew there was something behind Grandfather Takishima's generosity. She just hoped that Grandfather wouldn't take notice of them, but the invitation clearly showed otherwise. They would be in for a show in which her family would be humiliated by her father's relatives and her Grandfather. The entire helicopter journey was long, and extremely quite. Neither Kei or Nagisa uttered a word.

The helicopter took them to a private jet, in which they obediently boarded. Neither wanting to displease their family invitation, even if they disliked it. They set off at two in the afternoon from Japan, which meant that they would reach London by five in the evening.

The cousins sat side by side, separated by an aisle. The stewards on the plane thought they were both tired, but in fact, they were extremely deep in thought. The family reunion worried them. What was it going to be like? Can Grandfather stand being in the presence of the Alberto's, even if only a few members showed up?

The eleven hour-long flight didn't help. As they reached the city of London, there was no time to wander around or familiarise the surroundings. Kei and Nagisa were taken into the mansion, and into different rooms to ready themselves. Nagisa was shocked to have seen an outfit laid out for her, and a vanity with jewellery to match and a collection of makeup items.

Kei stepped out of his room in a navy blue tuxedo the same time Nagisa stepped out of hers. She was in a floor length turquoise gown that was off the shoulder. Long, gold patterns snaked around her medieval-style sleeves as she wore a rounded gold chunky bracelet on her right hand. The dress had an awkward looking slit from the knees, showing off Nagisa's calf and her shiny gold pumps.

"I didn't make the slit on purpose." she says sheepishly. "It tore when I was about to put on my heels."

Kei didn't say much as they were both escorted to the ballroom in which the reunion would occur. Even before they could reach the grand doors of the ballroom, they could hear someone announcing the arrivals of various family members.

"Let's welcome the youngest and most successful man, Takishima Satoru, whose wife couldn't make it today." the announcer said. "Next, we have Sir Mason Alberto and his middle daughter, Mrs Alice Maisy Alberto."

Nagisa's breath hitched as she heard that her grandpa was here, but she let out a sigh as they acknowledged their presence. Before she knew it, she found herself at the doors, two well-dressed men in tailcoats opening the door, their head bent out of respect. She didn't understand why there was a need for such a grand setting for a family reunion. When with her mother's relatives, even a nice picnic where everyone would have fun was a good enough reunion, despite their family's rising status.