Chapter 02-The Academy

NAGISA'S POV

I eyed my apartment wearily, as if something might pop out all of a sudden. I blamed all the horror movies I had watched with my friends, but at the end of the day, I was the one that agreed to watch it with them. Oh, dumb luck.

My apartment was just around a regular town, it wasn't the biggest around, nor the most luxurious. The apartment didn't scream rich or reek of fancy designs and expensive furniture just to make the place appear less empty. Instead, it was full of warm, homey colours, a place someone would want to return after a long day, their sanctuary. It made me a little homesick as I recalled my empty but homey-feeling villa, especially my surfboards. I didn't even bring a single one over because I feared it might get damaged during the flight. I guess I'd just have to stick to renting boards at the beach then.

It took me a few days and coffee to adjust to the difference in timezone. I felt bad calling the academy to tell them I'd be going slightly later because I was horribly jet lagged, but Chairwoman Karino's secretary was a surprisingly nice and understanding woman. I had thanked her profusely, but she told me countless times that there was nothing for me to thank her for. Such a sweet lady.

One afternoon, I crawled out of my homey haven after having woke five hours past my alarm, I noticed a parcel in front of my doorstep. Security must either be really tight to have them put it right in front of my doorstep, or no security at all if anyone could come up and place a parcel here. The seal of the letter that came along confirmed that it was sent from Hakusen Academy, and I opened it excitedly.

It took me a while to register what was inside. I may or may not have blinked one too many times, and pinched myself until my left arm looked like I just scalded it.

No matter what I did, the male uniform of Hakusen Academy was still inside the box. And I was not dreaming. I pinched myself to verify that.

Didn't I send the chairwoman all my measurements, including ones for my skirt? She probably must've just taken down all the numbers. Oh well, at least I still have the wig I used to prank Theodore...it's in my luggage and I have no recollection of ever packing that in.

I didn't know what triggered me to do this, but I arrived at Hakusen, the wig I used to carry out pranks nicely perched on top of my head, my chest hidden and looking just like a boy's. I can't possible raise any suspicions on man boobs because I've seen how people were made fun of something they couldn't choose.

I know because I've had experience, but I accepted what my fate had in store for me.

Apparently the scary chairwoman assumed that I was a boy and sent the male uniform. She welcomed me at the front gate, eyeing me non-stop. Did I not meet her expectations? I mean, I was roughly 175cm, and way above international average for girls by a good 10cm. Or was it more?

The Chairwoman was no doubt beautiful, but in a scary way. Her sharp features shocked the life out of me when she smiled and actually looked like a nice person that would stab you if you offended her. Maybe not as nice as I thought it would be. Her piercing eyes looked like they could see through every thing you were hiding. I shivered as a chill went down my spine.

"Hello, Nagisa. A pleasure to see you in the nice SA uniform. Welcome to the academy." she spoke sharply, still eyeing me.

"Y...Yes..." I stuttered back, unsure of what to reply.

SA uniform? I was already shocked that they had a uniform to begin with. As she led me towards the main school building, girls swarmed around me in a totally different uniform. It was brown with a checkered skirt. Unlike mine, a grey shirt, white blazer and dark blue pants. To the chairwoman's annoyance, they started asking questions.

"Hey it's a new person in the SA uniform!" Well, isn't that obvious?

"You don't look like a Japanese, where are you from?" I'm half-Japanese, I thought people could see that?

"Oh wow you're skin is so nicely tanned!" my skin isn't that tanned! I may surf on a daily basis but thanks to the sunblock and moisturiser I use, my skin doesn't get tanned easily.

"So what will be your place in the school?" Oh well, I guess they're competitive.

"What company are your parents from?" I'd rather not talk about that. This was the bad part of being in an elite school. Status was what mattered. A charity case or scholarship student might be picked on. However, the odd students were usually no exceptions as well.

"Oh wow! Are you an exchange student?" Aren't I in the SA uniform?

"Hey what would happen to the current SA members?" I really don't know, will something happen? I'm a little confused...

The girls all scattered, and I was left muddled as ever. What kind of Academy are they running here? This certainly isn't Hogwarts, that's for sure.

The chairwoman glared at all the girls and they immediately kept quiet and dispersed. It's as if this woman's gaze could kill. We walked without interference as she introduced me to all the school facilities before school officially starts. Once we were done, she gave me directions to the greenhouse, where the SA members stay at during school hours.

It was odd that the six most intelligent students aren't given exceptions and allowed to progress further. The six students of the SA have optional lessons, but they take the same examinations as the rest of the school population.

"I assume that you will be assisting the examiners for the next mid-terms, Takishima-san." The chairwoman nods curtly as she stops at the walkway leading towards the greenhouse. "I will let you know in detail how you will be assisting when the vetting time draws near."

"Yes," I replied. "Thank you for letting me be of assistance."

I took a tentative step towards the stone walkway before walking towards the large greenhouse. It looked as if it didn't belong to a school, a massive building with blue crystalline glass in beautifully carved patterns.

I took in a deep breath. "SA, here I come." and I opened the doors to the greenhouse.

{published 01/01/2014}

A/N:
Don't forget to vote, and leave a comment!
Enjoy Reading!

theonlyphyn <3