Chapter 28-Date

Chapter 28-Date

NAGISA'S POV

"What do you mean nothing much has happened? For you, a lot has happened and you haven't been in Japan for a week!"

I wince at Poppy's harsh words, even though she's eight hours away. We've had a video call today, since Poppy was swarmed with all the work she missed during the holidays. Indeed, it has only been a week since I left Hawaii, but I missed two days for what I wouldn't want to consider a family reunion. My relationship with my cousins Kei and Sui were not affected, so I don't think I should dwell over the awful matter for such a long time.

"I still can't believe your grandfather would go so far just to humiliate you and your parents." Theodore suddenly pops his head into the screen and I could see the popcorn in his mouth. Was it even the right time to eat popcorn? During a video call, it didn't really seem appropriate. Knowing Theo, I didn't really need to ask. "I mean, they're still your relatives no matter what."

"Yeah." I say, shrugging off the matter. I do hope they get the hint that I really didn't want to talk about it, well, not now. "And the proper matter at hand, Poppy?"

"Oh." Poppy says, giddy with excitement. Sometimes it feels as if she was still the unattached girl that fawned over every single hot guy in sight, save her brother and Adam. "Ryuu! I swear that boy really likes you! Aren't the signs obvious enough?"

"We're video calling over the issue of the green boy? I'm hurt, Nagisa. I thought you missed us." Theodore says, mocking heart pain. I laugh, and I decided I needed to play his game right back at him.

"Of course I missed you guys!" I say dramatically. "Oh how I long for your presence next to me, Poppy and Theodore. I hate this mere small screen that makes me forget that we are so far away, even the fastest transport takes us eight hours before we can reconcile. And not to forget the horror of time differences and jet lag."

I may have produced horrible actions using body language, but it was all it took to get both the Hillocks siblings laughing like hyenas. A pair of redheaded hyenas.

"Tell me again why she didn't want to be an actress, Poppy."

"David!" I yell, waving at the guy behind Poppy. We weren't close, but I already consider him as a friend since I respect his relationship with Poppy. "I fell down face first during my first play. I'm never standing on a stage to act again."

"The three people laughed for roughly ten minutes before they stopped, finally remembering that I've been waiting on the other end for them to stop their foolish laughter. In fact, Theodore was laughing so hard, he was rolling all over the floor clutching his stomach, as Poppy described.

If he laughed anymore, I swear he would probably pee in his pants from all the laughing. Maybe if he couldn't find a job when he's older, he could be hired by comedians to laugh at shows.

"Guys, I need to clarify with you. I may have feelings for Ryuu-"

"She admits!" Theo suddenly pops up, his hair looking like the red bird's nest it always was, smiling foolishly at me. I blushed, and hid my face from view. Well, isn't this conversation really awkward.

"It's okay, Nagisa. Remember, I was doing the same thing when I, you know?" Poppy says awkwardly, glancing at a confused David. "Just stop thinking so much! If he likes you, he'll definitely come out of his chickening self and do something. After all, people do things for that special one. I mean, look at your parents! They're like the living, breathing example of remarkable true love..."

"And so the poet speaks. Look, Nagisa. I may not really spent much time socialising with Ryuu, but from what I heard I think he likes you. Seriously, he kissed you a couple of times and friends don't do that." David says, smiling back at me.