Chapter 01-Identity

Chapter 01-Identity

NAGISA'S POV:

I should be proud of my identity. My father's family name was Takishima, and my grandfather the president of the Takishima Group, a company with a strong foothold in both Japan and England. However, my dad left the family for my mother, and was later disinherited because of me. My uncle now leads the company, and my cousin will be come the head of the company in the future. My paternal grandfather loathes my very existence, so I would probably never meet my father's side of the family. I was a child they simply refused to acknowledge.

My full name isn't Takishima Nagisa. It's Takishima Nagisa Alberto, since my father took my mother's last name after marriage.

In such a fast-paced world where love is so hard to find, I thought everyone would be elated when my father found true love. He was Japanese, she was American. To them, it didn't matter. This did cause trouble amongst both families. The Takishimas were far from happy. My father ruined the arranged marriage grandfather had already planned. The Albertos didn't mind, they just wanted the child to have the family name continued. It was a joke my Grandpa made, but my father, being the serious man he is, did it anyways. He just wanted to be with the love of his life. Hence, the double surname I have now. It cause quite the uproar.

They started their business in Hawaii. It was close to Japan, at the same time part of America. My father still hoped his family accepted his choice of this family. As much as he didn't want to admit, he couldn't just cut off ties with his roots just like that. It was what he always wanted. To start something from scratch and work hard to build it up from the ground. Now, he travels all around the world, doing business dealings and expanding horizons. Of course, being at the cream of the crop in the business world there were many events in which both families would clash, but they avoided each other like the plague. I've never met my cousins Kei and Sui because of that, having only seen the two boys in photographs.

Well, my father, fast forward the many years in which he became successful and rose, is second to the Takishima Group. My grandpa wanted to lend a hand. Such influential power could spiral my parents' business higher than the Takishima Group, but being the stubborn people they are, they refused. Life isn't always about the money or the status. As long as they were happy, anyone could respect their decision. I respected every decision they made, as long as they were sure of their choice.

Let's just cut to the chase. A year after their impromptu marriage, I was born. Child prodigy, genius or not, they wanted a boy. It was rather saddening to have come to the earth and have your parents frown a few years before realising having a daughter wouldn't end their world. Of course they were happy to have a child, but I could see it in their eyes. It took them a while to truly accept and love me for the child I was.

Only when I reached the figure age of eight my parents decided to take me to Japan. They were due for business meetings there, and seized the opportunity during my summer holidays to go check out half my roots that was lodged in the land of the rising sun. I was being paraded around as their adopted child, since being on Takishima lands parading a child they might deem illegal is far from ideal.

I took it as my responsibility to make friends instead of moping around with a guard in the suite my parents booked in a five-star hotel. I wasn't such a shy kid, and I made friends really easily, just that most weren't really keen on it. I saw twins, a boy and a girl playing with a green haired boy. So I joined them. I was a lonely kid, and no one wanted to make friends with me in Hawaii since I was younger than them. I only had Theodore and his sister, Poppy back then.

Well, with the awesome trio, the sole month I spent with them and my parents was worthwhile. We went to the playground, the beach, the amusement park and the aquarium. It wasn't as big as the ocean, which I had a nice look of the corals during snorkelling, surfing and a trip inside a submarine. It was my first trip to an aquarium, and possibly the last.