Chapter 17-Caught-Part One

Chapter 17-Caught

PART ONE

POV OF THE ANONYMOUS SA MEMBER

It was that time again. The long, boring days in which students would rush to complete their papers. The time Ryuu and the rest would glare at me, to tell me it wasn't worth sleeping during an examination. Even without looking, I knew they were looking at me as I awake from every exam slumber.

Nagisa was smiling as we walked out of the exam hall, and the only one smiling. Kei did not raise his hand once to correct any errors, Hikari didn't finish before her rival...I couldn't sleep as early as I usually did. The smirk as she watched a weary expressions told me she had obviously set the papers too well for my liking.

I could still recall how I had wronged her, because I had trusted the lies of that man. Nagisa was a nice girl once I got to know her, to push away all the lies I was fed. She was an intriguing person. Being titled with both the Japanese Takishima name and the American Alberto name, I never expected the media to be so quiet about it. So far, there were only two articles. One very ancient article about her adoption, and the most recent, her appearance during the conference.

"...I spent a few sleepless nights making those questions didn't have any mistakes!" I realised Nagisa was talking happily, and being extremely smug about helping to set the papers.

What I was about to do to that girl...my every action haunted me in my sleep.

"Mathematics!" Hikari yells as we sit down at the greenhouse, preparing for our second mathematics paper. "I will ace it!"

That mid-morning, we tried our best to ensure we still knew all the methods and formulas in our syllabus. I wanted to speak to Nagisa alone, but she had divided their time between helping Hikari or looking after Ryuu's animals whilst he studied. If only it was as simple as saying hi, I only I dared to know her first before making up my mind over those made-up facts.

If I told them now, Ryuu and my twin would be so mad at me, and I wouldn't want to know the wrath of two Takishimas. I felt the nag, egging me to admit what I had done.

"Are you okay?" Akira asks as she places a fragrant cup of tea and red velvet cupcakes in front of me. "You look a little pale, do drink some tea."

I smiled back, letting her know that I was fine. She bought it, and I let out a soft sigh as I sipped the tea. Jasmine, no wonder it smelt so nice. I allowed myself to relax in this temporary bliss, where the family atmosphere of the SA made me want to call this greenhouse home.

After much hesitation, I stood abruptly, taking my books with me. I was getting too comfortable, and it made me forget what I was meaning to reveal to Nagisa.

"Where are you going?" Hikari asks, but I ignore her and made my way to the door. I was careless, and the fact that some parts of the floor were uneven slipped my mind. I tripped over one of the dents, causing myself to stumble.

I landed on my knees, and my palms scraped the slightly rough floor as I stopped from falling face first.

"Megumi!" my twin yells, and I heard the rush of footsteps ans everyone rushed towards me. I felt myself turn ghastly white as the five photographs wedged in one of my notebooks felt out.

First, there was a picture of a thirteen year-old Nagisa with her parents that had found of the Internet.

Secondly, it was the photograph of Nagisa in the male SA uniform entering the apartment.

The third picture was Nagisa leaving the same apartment without her wig. She looked like a typical teenage girl, but her looks were far from average.

The fourth picture was from my acquaintance, showing Nagisa and Yahiro's annoying little brother, Chitose.

The last picture was of Nagisa and Yahiro, their arms linked together as they walked into the conference. I was very jealous when I saw that, but more upset.

I let my boyfriend flirt with another girl in front of my face just because I wanted to make her leave.

"Megumi!" Ryuu calls me sternly as he lifted me from the ground to check on me. Jun stood next to him, his eyes fixated on the photographs lying scattered over the floor. He asked the question which answer everyone wanted to know.

"Why do you have all these pictures of Nagisa, Megumi?"

Nagisa knelt down as she collected all the photographs, looking at them one by one. Akira helped to collect my books, which I had smiled weakly and scribbled 'Thanks' on my sketchbook.

I was shaking by the time Ryuu helped me to my seat, all the tiny scrapes cleaned with rubbing alcohol and with cream on it. I didn't like how this has turned up. Kei's dark gaze never wavered, Ryuu was mad, Nagisa and Jun were giving me this confused look, making me regret my actions a hundred times more than I already did.

"Why did you do this, Megumi?" Akira asks as she refills my cup of tea. "What are you planning to do?"

The hint of anger in her trembling voice was unmistakable. Will their reaction be far worse the moment I tell them the truth? Would they still accept me with this mistake?

"Why don't we just let her explain?" Nagisa snaps, annoyed at the looks everyone was giving me. And to think after everything, she's the one defending me.

Jun placed his arm on my shoulder, giving me a genuine smile. "We'll always be supporting you, Megumi."

It was the least I could do. The past could never be altered or changed even if I wanted it to. I had to amend all my wrongdoings of the past during the present time for a better future.

{published 06/03/2014}

A/N
So, I told my friend I couldn't reach 500 reads by today
or end up uploading this chapter a week before I was
supposed to...but I did. Thank you all my supportive readers.
*winks* even if updates are slow, maybe a couple will get shoved
in between hehehehe! ;)

Sorry, quite a short chapter here. Finally, anonymous revealed!
Enjoy, there's gonna be two more parts, hopefully longer.
Stay tuned! An update coming up next week. I'm sure you want to
know more about all this confusion and why it is happening.

Enjoy every chapter, vote and comment!
If you want to follow me, I follow back and maybe we could chat?
Hahahaha too long an author's note. Bye then.

theonlyphyn <3