Chapter 24-Summer Job?!

NAGISA'S POV

"Dude, I'm bored." Theodore whines, lying on the couch as he nestles his hangover from last night's crazy party. Thank god I was chosen as the sober one to take the two drunk Hillocks home. Illegal or not, no one stopped them anyways.

"Shut up, Theo. You weren't the one who accidentally drunk dialled and cancelled the trip to South America, drunk Theodore did." Poppy whines back. Her hangover was not as serious as Theo's, since he drank the most. She was more angry at him than worried about whatever drinking would do to her.

"Chitose's gone, the SA's gone, Adam's skiing his way along the whatever mountains and David's back to Stalin's homeland. What do you say we do, Little Pop?" Theo says, still nursing his head.

I agree with them. It has been about three weeks where this house had only the three of us. Everyone left. Chitose's parents called a few days ago, saying they needed family bonding. The SA apparently got bored of this quiet little island and headed off to another island. I don't blame them. I can't possibly force them to stay if they don't want to. It's the basic human rights everyone is entitled to. Adam and David's families all planned holidays and they were kidnapped and jetted off before Poppy could even say "Hey!"

Not that Poppy says "Hey!" faster than lightning, but it wasn't literal.

And thanks to the crazy party we went last night, Theodore went psycho on the drinks. Cup after cup, he'd drink. It didn't matter if it was alcohol or just tap water. Anything he drank from the red solo cup gave him the drunk feel. I bet it was mostly his mindset. A particular redhead then drunk dialled the parents' international phone as they backpacked across South America, spewing everything from giving Aunt Alice's personal number away to a bunch of strangers, to every party he went to and every single little nasty thing he had did this summer. I'm not pointing fingers or saying names, but Poppy and I were still sober then. We both tried to end the call, but he yelled at the top of his lungs that he was never keen on stepping foot on South America, and that he needed no money. And I quote, "Money can't buy me happiness so I don't need it. I just think my sister would agree with me on this. No need for the cash."

Poppy was red, not in embarrassment, since everyone partying were obviously too wasted to even remember what they were doing, much less what drunk Theodore was spewing. Her face could've been the same shade of dark red as her hair. With my help, Poppy towed Theodore towards the pool, which was far from clean, and threw him in.

It didn't work. He was still drunk.

Even before anyone could check if Theodore was sober, Poppy started screaming at the top of her lungs at Theodore, and resorting to violence to release the pent-up anger and frustration.

At the start, it was hilarious to watch, until I had to pry Poppy off Theodore before she really murdered him. I wouldn't want to be a witness to that.

I wasn't sure if it was Saturday or Sunday, it was pretty late and dark. I do know that whatever timezone people were in, Theodore and Poppy Hillocks were deemed as bankrupt. They didn't even have access to their bank accounts or credit cards. Mr and Mrs Hillocks were a little too efficient for backpacking people. I don't even know how they could act so quickly.

Poppy literally tried to drown her sorrows by drinking.

And let me tell you, it wasn't easy trying to get the Hillocks siblings back to my villa.

"How am I ever going to get that cute dress I saw a few days ago?" Poppy moans, throwing a cushion at Theodore, which misses and ends up flying past the couch he was at.