Nothing Is Impossible: Getting God's Attention

Text: Mark 10:46-52

" ."

Bartimaeus-son of Timaeus. He did not have an identity. No name. He was also blind. He was a literal nobody. But he was desperate. "son of david, have mercy on me!" many rebuked him, yet he shouted even more. Jesus stopped.

If Jesus was willing to stop for this nobody, all the more he would stop for us.

HE CALLED UPON THE NAME OF JESUS vs47
Shouted all the more - there was a sense of desperate on and hunger for God.

We cannot just sit there and expect him to come to us. We have to seek for him.

HE THREW AWAY HIS GARMENT OF SHAME vs50a

The cloak represented his past, disappointments and failures. He threw it away because he knew that with God, he could threw away his shame. He would No Longer need his shame to hold him down. He knew that God had overcome his shame and pain.

HE PHYSICALLY RESPONDED TO JESUS.

He jumped up and went forth as a step of faith.

We need to step forty to show our Faith. Jesus only heals if we believe he can. We must display our Faith that God can overcome our sotuations.

HE MADE A SPECIFIC REQUEST vs51
Master Rabbi, I want to see. Tell him your specific needs.

HE FOLLOWED A NEW DIRECTION vs52

After his miracle, he flowed a new direction of chasing after Jesus. A NEW DESTINY AND DIGNITY. He became a new creation.

He renewed himself in God.