The Journey

THE JOURNEY

Abraham: The (long) journey of Faith, Patience and waiting, God is at work.

Genesis 18:10-14

Passage, promise, type, question, age

Gen 12:2, great nation, generic, what and why, 75

Gen 13:15-16, land/numerous, general, where

Gen 15:4, biological son, generic, who, 86

Gen 17:6, great increase, general, how many, 99

Gen 17:17-19, biological son, Isaac, specific, who and how

Gen 18:10-14, Isaac/next year, very specific, when, 100

Q. Why did god make Abraham wait?

Q. Why does God often make you and me wait?

A: There are two reasons. The first external reason is, God is all about maximising his glory. Like the first commandment. There shall be no other Gods before me. Therefore, we should give our all for God to be the number one. He doesn't use the world's means to accomplish his goals, but His own, often miraculous means. He also makes us wait sonetimes so the outcome is due to his grace, not our effort; this way God receives the glory, not us. When it seems like God is not there, he is there, just doing it his way.God's will should be done, not our wills.

The second reason is an internal reason. He wants to change us, transform us, and strengthen your faith... and that takes time. Our faith needs to develop, and it takes time. It is not instant. Things that are valuable and important takes time to develop. Strengthening our faith is A long process, not an event. Patience is to stay in the same position, learning from God and wait for the miracle to happen. Faith is how we deal with the problem, and how we rely on God.

Following Abraham's example: living lives of steadily growing faith.

1. Name the situation, struggle, challenge or problem.

2. Surrender it: let god be lord over it and get the glory

3. Confess your openness to God's process of faith building in you through that situation

4. Ask God,"what are you trying to teach me through this? How do you want me to grow in faith?

5. Let God continue to work within you

6. Request from God faith and patience to endure.

Solomon 51