Compassion

Compassion / The passion for people.
Luke 10:28-37
Exodus 3:7-8
Deutoronomy 10:12-13, 10:16-19, 15:11
-God knows what's happening in our lives and has compassion for all of us.
-Don't turn a blind eye to the less fortunate, disabled and broken.
-"... Love your neighbour as you Love yourself.
THE EXPERT OF THE LAW WAS TRYING TO TEST JESUS.
-Among the Teachers of the law there were those who were sincere and those who were not.

3people to look at
1) The man who was robbed
- He represented a neighbour in need. (No name or identity)
2) The Priest and the Levite
- The man who represented 'God in disguise'
3) The samaritan
- this samaritan showed compassion though he was despised by the jews.
- He put the man on his own donkey
- attended to his plight
- oil for having the wound
- Alcohol in wine to cleanse the wound
- put a deposit worth 4 days pay.
- was willing to sacrifice his comfort and wealth for the man by the road who needed help.
Do we know of people in need? People who are broken. Poor. Disadvantaged. Disabled. Discriminated. People we have ignored and walked by as if they were fine? Like their stumbling could not be seen? We are ambassadors of Christ. But do we walk by like the Priest and the Levite? Do we forget God's compassion for us? Has our fear and helplessness taken over our hearts to eliminate all our compassion? Does the inconvenience overtake helping someone in need? Don't let this happen again!