chapter 8

5 years ago.

Hoseok woke up early and took a shower. He dressed in his uniform and ran to his mom.

"Mommy~~~"

Hoseok giggled when his mom hugged him and kissed his nose.

"My baby woke up so early today. I think it's gonna rain today."

Hoseok pouts cutely, "mommy, did you forget about our school function."

"Ahh, yes. Now I can remember. I almost forget about it baby. Come, I'll serve your breakfast."

Hoseok nods and sat on the chair. Hoseok father came to the dining area.

"Oh, I think I'm still sleeping. I'll go back to my room and tried to wake up."

Mrs. Jung turns, "what?"

"I never saw our son waking up this early and also got fully ready to go to his school." He said dramatically to her.

"Shh ..honey, he'll get upset if you also forget about his school function."

"Ohh, yes, yes. I remember last night he's practicing the same lines again and again. My ear bleeds because of him."

She hits her playful husband with a pan. Mr. Jung, is a professor while Mrs. Jung, is a baker. Hoseok has two brothers who were staying in a other town for their higher study. He missed them so much but his parents filled their places by loving him so much.

Mr. Jung approached the eating boy and sat next to him.

"Daddyy~~~ come, join me."

He shakes his head.

"I still haven't brushed my teeth, son. I think you're fully ready to go to your school function?"

Hoseok nods his head happily.

"Did you remember it?" He asked excitedly.

Mr. Jung nods with a big smile.

"Of course, I'd never forget anything you say to me."

Hoseok pouts, "but, you forget to pick me up many times. My friends only drops me at home."

"Well, it's not forgetting baby. Daddy must be busy that's why."

Hoseok still pouts.

"Well, the speech you practiced last night was awesome baby. I'd like to hear that again." Mr. Jung tried to change his son's mood. Both, me and Mrs . Jung never hurt their children. They may be strict but never harsh to them.

Hoseok beamed in happiness and adjusted his perfect tie. He cleared his throat.

"Ahem, thanks for coming to our school, Mr. Mayor. We're so glad because of your arrival. Here, have this flower."

Mr. Jung kept on nodding.

"That's it, daddy."

"Really, wow. It's awesome and straight to point. I'm sure our mayor will like your speech."

Hoseok took his empty plate, "daddy, it's not speech. It's just a greeting."

Soon, both Mr. and Mrs. Jung got ready and went to the school.

"Daddy and mommy, go and sit in the parents section. I'll come after greeting the mayor."
Hoseok said with a big smile.

Mrs Jung kissed his forehead, "baby, you look so happy."

"Of course, I'm. Finally, I'm gonna see our mayor face to face. Oh god, I don't wanna faint in front of him. He's my role model."

Mr. Jung smiled, "I hope you'll became successful like him. And, don't worry and be brave."