Confessions ✔️

Liam's Pov

I take slow breaths, trying to calm my nerves. The gun that's pressed into my belt seems to press into my skin with each passing second. It's a clear reminder that it's there for possible use on the person I never thought I would be pointing it at. My mother.

I grip my thighs as I see it's nearly 2pm. I'm sat inside my car with Chase in the passenger seat. A few cars behind us, Stella is occupying another car with an annoying look plastered on her face. Maybe because Ryan is in her passenger seat. A few cars in front of me is Jasmin and Brent. I thought it would come in handy to keep backup close by. I have no idea what my mother is capable of. I watch Lucas pass a park bench, dressed as a hot dog seller. He definitely wasn't impressed with the idea of his undercover outfit.

" Calm down Liam. Just hear her out." Chase mumbles as he loads his gun.

I take a few breaths in and exhale slowly. I can't believe I'm back to this. After only a few weeks of getting rid of my uncle I thought I wouldn't have to deal with this shit again. Yet here I am. Gun in my waistband, knife tucked away in my left shoe and a tazer hidden in my right shoe. Don't ask, it is really uncomfortable.

I grab my leather jacket from the backseat and pull it on over my black t-shirt. Looking back at my digital watch I see it's just past 2pm. Time to get going.

" Wish me luck." I mumble as I climb out of my car. The windows are tinted so you can't see what's going on inside the car. I also made a request to make the windows bulletproof seeing as it can come in handy at some point. I upgraded all the vehicles of my inner circle to assure nothing will go wrong and everyone will be safe.

I make my way over to a bench in the middle of the park. Kids are running around and several people are walking around with their dogs. I doubt my mother would try something in such a public place. Then again, I don't know what I'm up against.

I sit and wait patiently. I never thought about time being this slow. Usually I never have time for anything but now it feels like the seconds tick by slower than usual. My eyes land on each car that zooms by and each person that walks by, awaiting my mother's arrival. I'll give it to the woman, she's got me stressed out.

" Hello Liam."

I nearly jump off the bench at the sound of a feminine voice beside me. I was so caught up in watching the seconds tick by that I haven't realized someone taking their seat next to me.

" Rose." I say not looking at her. In a matter of seconds I feel a burning sensation on my cheek from where she slapped me mere seconds ago.

" That's mother for you." she glares as soon as my eyes burn into her dull ones. She hasn't changed at all. She looks exactly like she did from when I last saw her about a year ago.

I don't say anything. Too shocked to even think clear. My mind drifts back to Everly. It was a mission to get her to stay at my house this morning. I had to go through a serious fit when I told her she couldn't come along. She finally realized that I'm right for the first time in her life. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

" It's lovely to see you again." I'm brought back to reality by my mother's bitter voice.

I roll my eyes.

" Why did you attack me in The Hamptons?" I blurt out.

She turns her head to look at me. Taking a clearer look at her now I can see that not everything about her is still the same. Her eyes. They now hold a different emotion. They are no longer the warm and loving color they once were before my father passed away. Nor is it the color when she was grieving the loss of her husband. It's now replaced by a pure form of hate.