We Are Just Friends ✔️

Everly's Pov

" Uh Liam... I think I need some help." I say, looking down at the minor flames that have possessed my precious eggs.

" Where are you?"

With my phone still pressed against my ear I reach over for an empty glass near me. Replacing my shoulder with my hand to hold the phone against my ear I walk over to the sink and full the glass with water.

" I'm at my sister's house."

I walk back over to what once used to be my breakfast before throwing the water over the growing flames. It doesn't seem to calm down the flames as more smoke appears in my sight.

" I'm on my way."

Maybe I should just let the flames be and wait for Liam to get here...

" Oh and Liam."

" Yes Everly?"

" Bring a fire extinguisher." I say and end the call.

I look back at the flames. This is truly pure talent. From scrambled eggs to flames. How did I do it?

Alexa and Luke left for work about an hour ago. I didn't go to school because I have some serious morning sickness. Which is strange because usually morning sickness eases at 12 weeks of pregnancy and I'm nearly 12 weeks.

Before you get confused let me explain.

Yes, It has been a month since Liam shared a huge part of his life with me. Nothing has really changed to be honest. Liam and I have been growing closer and Liam has grown more protective over me for some odd reason. He has demanded that I sit with them during lunch because it's " unsafe" for me to wonder around alone during lunch.

It's been hard you know. Trying to be friends with the rest of the D&D's and trying to get people off my back. It has become easier seeing as people know that I'm socialized with the D&D's. I guess they know that their lives are resting in Liam's hand.

So far I'm 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I've been starting to show and that worries me because now I have to go buy new clothes. Soon enough, I'll be able to compete against a whale.

"Everly?!" I hear Liam yell as loud knocks follow after his words.

" Uh - I'm on my way." I reply before averting my gaze from the fire.

Skipping over to the front door I open it and with a bolt of energy Liam shoots into the house.

" Where's the fire?! Are you hurt?! Is the baby okay?!"

Cute. He's panicking and I can't contain the chuckle that's threatening to burst out.

" Why the fuck are you laughing?!?!"

I point towards the kitchen and he rushes towards it. I follow behind him.

" H-how do you even- never mind. I called the fire department. They are on their way."

" It's only a few flames Liam. Can't you make it go away? "

" Make it go away?! Everly your stove is fucking on fire. I can't just make it go away."

As if on cue a few firemen burst through the door and rush towards us.

They look confused when they see that my stove is on fire.

" How? " one of the firemen questions.

" I don't even know man. " Liam answers and moves us out of the way.