First Day Back ✔️

Everly's Pov

Books, check.

Pencil with weird stuff on top, check.

Backpack, check.

Extra hair tie, check.

Pregnant Everly, double check.

I look myself up and down in the mirror. I'm at that moment in life that when I look at myself, I feel disgusted.

I'm not ready to face the struggle I'm about to go through. First day back to school after finding out I'm pregnant.

After I got several messages from people asking me about my pregnancy, I basically locked myself in my room for about a week. I couldn't show my face to the world, so ashamed I was. I don't think I'm ready for all the staring and whispering as soon as I walk through those doors but I have to face it at some point.

I haven't heard anything from my parents. I guess I'm basically disowned by them. I really need to find a job and try to help pay the rent. I can't live on my own yet, seeing as I am only 17 and turning 18 in a few months.

"You ready for school Everly?" I hear Luke yell from downstairs.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I yell back.

I grab all my stuff and give myself one last glance in the mirror.

Ready or not, here I come.

The ride to school felt like hours. Each block we pass, my heart starts beating faster. Soon enough we stop at school. I take a minute to catch my breath and get my pounding heart under control.

Here goes nothing.

I bid Luke goodbye as I get out of the car. It feels like all the attention is suddenly on me and only me but when I look up, no one is even looking in my direction.

I take that moment to speed off into school but as soon as I open the doors, all faces turn towards me and just like I imagined it, everyone starts pointing and whispering.

There, in my yellow sundress, I've never felt more naked than before. It's like one of those dreams you get when you accidentally show up to school naked, except from the fact that I was fully clothed.

I look down and start making my way to my locker. As I walk past some people I'm called either a 'slut' or a 'whore'. I don't bother myself with their comments. They are acting like I'm the only 17 year old on this planet to end up pregnant.

I stop in my tracks when I see Justin. That asshole of a guy hasn't once messaged me or even bothered to call.

" Justin." I say feeling a little relieved as I walk closer to him. Maybe he was just frustrated the other day and didn't mean what he was saying. Maybe seeing me in person makes him realize that we can get through this. Oh who am I kidding. It's Justin.

" Leave me alone you slut." he says and walks away.

" It's not my kid!" I hear him yell just as he dissappears out of my sight.

I don't know why I still get my hopes up. He's a lost cause.

I stand there frozen to the spot as I try an take in that Justin really wants nothing to do with me. He's the whole reason why I got down and dirty for the first time in my life and it was with him for crying out loud. Why would he reject his unborn child? He knows damn well that it's his. It doesn't hurt me that he doesn't want anything to do with me but the fact that he's just going to walk out of his child's life is beyond my believe. It takes two to tango. I realize that I'm in the middle of a crowded passage and quickly walk towards my locker.