Drunk Talk Is Real Talk ✔️

Everly's Pov

The couple walking towards me is not something I had expected. I don't know what I expected. I only found out about them yesterday from Stella and this is what I find.

A middle aged woman with bright pink hair and more piercings than there should be humanly possible on her face. She's dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, paired with a white pair of converse. The man standing next to her seems to be a little younger than her. His hair is gelled back with a piercing here and there. He wears a black leather jacket and black jeans with also white converse. I'm shook to see his neck covered with tattoos. Dear mother of Theresa.

" Hey babes." Stella greets as she comes to a halt in front of the table where I'm sitting. I quickly get up from my chair.

My eyes are still wide, looking at the couple who are holding hands, now standing in front of me.

" Hi. My name is Jasmine and this is my husband Brent. It's lovely to meet you." the middle aged woman greets holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Everly." I hesitantly shake her hand.

Stella makes her way over to me and takes the seat next to mine while the couple sits in front of us. I try very hard not to stare at Jasmine's eyebrow piercing. Gosh it looks sore. Maybe I should get a piercing? Hah. I don't think so.

" Jasmine and Brent both work as accountants." Stella announces. My eyebrows shoot up, surprised yet again.

Looks can be deceiving.

" Yes. We have been working for the same company for over 5 years. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment in the heart of London so we are near schools and shops and hospitals." Jasmine contuines to ramble on about all sorts of things but I can't help but zone out on her eyebrow piercing.

" Everly? " I'm snapped out of my trance when I feel Stella's elbow come in contact with my side.

" I'm sorry, what did you say? " I apologize.

Jasmine doesn't take it as an insult and just politely laughs it off.

" I asked how far along you are? " she asks again.

" Oh yeah I'm now 7 months pregnant." I answer her and rub my bump out of habit.

I see a flash of emotion in Jasmine's eyes but it quickly dissappears before I could figure it out. She smiles and her eyes focuses behind me.

" I had a miscarriage a few years ago and since then we have been struggling to get pregnant. The adoption agencies turned their backs on us because apparently we didn't look the part of decent parents. I know our appearances are a little out of the ordinary but it doesn't affect us in how we do certain things. I guess people label you when they see you don't dress like them or even act like them. It's how the mind works I get it but it doesn't mean that we are bad people. " Jasmine explains.

My heart breaks for her. I feel a little guilty for judging her from the outside. This is a woman that just wants a family but because of the cruel society we live in she can't have that. I watch as she gently places her hand on Brent's hand. Brent gives me a small smile.

" I truly believe that we would be the perfect parents for your child Everly." Jasmine smiles.

I can't help but smile back.