Burn ✔️

Liam's Pov

He blew up her house.

That fucking bastard had the nerve to blow up my angel's - I mean Everly's house.

Everly was devastated when she heard the news. Luckily her sister, Alexa, and her boyfriend, whatever his name is, wasn't there when the house blew up.

I immediately sent a few men to take Alexa and her boyfriend to the safe house I took Everly to. That way Everly will be more relaxed with everything. She's been staying with me for over a month now, seeing as she started getting strange, yet threatening, text messages. She had a huge fight with Alexa because apparently Alexa doesn't like me but at the end they came to a mutual agreement. That's not only the reason why she is still living with me. There have been several packages delivered to her house and each time Alexa found it. From a dead rat to a poisenous snake. Luckily Alexa didn't fetch the last package, which had the bomb inside. I guess something went wrong with the bomb and it exploded on its own. Thank God no one was harmed.

" I have nothing. Here is nothing left for me." I turn my attention towards a sobbing Everly. She's standing in the middle of what used to be her bedroom. Now it's just a pile of burned furniture and ash. My heart breaks for her. I know I can offer her anything she desires but even I know that you get attached to a few belongings that money can't replace.

" I'll get you everything you need. Don't worry. Alexa and uh-" I start but hesitate when I can't remeber that guy's name for the love of me.

" Luke" Everly reminds me.

" Alexa and Luke are safe, now that they are at the safe house." I continue. It wasn't easy for me to convince Alexa and Luke to stay at the house. Their house did just get blown up. After reassuring them that it's my way of helping Everly by making sure her sister has a roof over her head, they eventually agreed. Alexa is just as stubborn as Everly.

I'm snapped out of my thought when Everly starts to cry softly. Her soft sobs turn into louder ones and before I know it she's completely breaking down in the middle of the ash.

Shit.

" Uh-uh... You want to go get some food?" I panic.

" At a time like this?!"

Oh shit. That probably wasn't the right thing to say right now. Her house just burnt down and now I'm asking her if she wants food. Dumbass.

" Or we could just stay here." I sigh as I help Everly get back up from where she was sitting on the ash.

Everly walks around, trying not to trip over the burned down furniture. She has a protective hand over her belly, which I must say is making its presence. I always found it cute that when Everly is stressing her hand would automatically move to her belly as if it brings comfort to her.

" Liam. A word please." Chase signals me to come over to him. He is wearing one of his usual bored expression when I walk over. Leave it to Chase to not show a tiny bit of sympathy for a girl who just lost her house.

" I found two guys that would be a great fit for Everly's safety. They have years of training and worked bout 10 years as security guards. " Chase informs me as soon as we are a safe distance from Everly.