Leila ✔️

Liam's Pov

" No. You were supposed to grab the peanut butter. Don't argue with me. Do you want to find out what happens when I don't get my peanut butter? I swear to God-"

" For the love of peanut butter sandwiches, will you shut up." I roll my eyes.

Ryan mumbles another thing into his phone before ending the call. He gives me a death stare which doesn't affect me at all.

" This is important business Liam. It's a life or death situation. " he seems so serious. His peanut butter obsession reminds me of Everly.

I yet again roll my eyes. I sometimes forget that he is only an 18 year old and he definitely still has a little bit of child left inside him. Dear Lord, please bless the soul that has to marry him.

" So is sitting in my car on a spy mission." I answer and look out of my window again.

" Technically it's a kidnapping mission seeing as we aren't just going to observe." he shrugs.

" Then shut the fuck up and concentrate." I argue.

I swift my attention back to my cousin's house. It kills me that she has to be dragged into this. We aren't close or anything but she's still family. She doesn't deserve what's coming her way but if it means that I will finally get justice for my father's death then so be it. I only wish it could've been on easier terms.

My eyes grow wide when I see a young woman exit the front door. It's her. She has long pitch black hair that reaches her lower back. As she turns around I gasp. She's pregnant. I watch as she rubs her belly and smiles down at it. Just like how Everly used to do. What kind of fucked up universe is this?

I watch her make her way down the front porch and into the driveway. I take a deep breath and look into my review mirror. Lucas's eyes stare back at mine waiting for the signal. I nod and he gets out of his car.

He's dressed in a plain white v-neck and washed out jeans. He looks normal for a change. Well that is what we were aiming for. I watch as he walks up to my cousin and starts talking. He takes out his phone just as planned. I watch them exchange a few more words before she turns back around to the house. The plan is working fine. Lucas takes one last glance at me for reasurance. I nod. He walks behind her and takes out his gun and presses it near her lower back. I see her jump from the shock. Lucas whispers a few things into her ear and she nods. They slowly turn around and walk back to his car. I watch as they drive past me before I head back home.

Mission completed.

" Damn that was intense. Are you okay?" I hear Ryan ask.

I nod. I just have to focus on my goal. We have to finish this whole thing once and for all. I'm sick of the constant violence. I'm getting pretty annoyed now that the whole thing is taking so long. I never thought taking down my uncle would be such a struggle. I broke a lot of my promises because of it and I don't know how I'm going to make up for them. Especially with Everly. She probably hates me at the moment.

" We aren't going to hurt her right?" Ryan asks softly.

He's a real softy for a gang member. I guess we all are in some way. Different things trigger each one of us. For Ryan it's innocent people getting hurt. He hates it. I for one don't care. If they are in my way then they are in my way. Call it cold hearted I know. But this is my cousin we are talking about so it's a little more complicated.