Nightmares ✔️

Everly's Pov

I walk through the pitch black unknown corridor. I struggle to move as I keep on walking into objects. I'm definitely going to have a few ugly bruises tomorrow. I hear the faint sound of Chicka's crying.

" I'm coming Chicka!" I yell out into the darkness.

Her crying doesn't stop. Why does it feel like this corridor is never ending? Wait where the hell am I? Before I can question further on I'm pushed back against a wall by a person. I yell as loud as I can for someone to help me. I try and make out the face of the unknown person but I can't see a damn thing.

I feel the person's lips brush past my ear before he whispers. " Why did you have to kill me?"

" Everly!"

My eyes immediately fly open when I hear someone yell my name. I'm out of breath and covered in sweat as I look around the familiar room. It's my room back at my old house where mom now lives in.

" What the hell is going on with you?! " Mom asks in a panic.

I hear Chicka crying in her crib. Ignoring mom's question I stand up to fetch her. My leg still hurts but the pain is bearable.

The sun is just starting to make its way through my blinds which means it's early morning. I pick Chicka up and start rocking her from side to side. She calms down within minutes.

She usually isn't awake by this time but I'm assuming my screams are  probably the reason as to why she is awake.

" Everly-" Mom comes to a halt next to me.

" Mom please." I beg of her to not ask me the same question she has been asking over and over.

Mom sighs. She takes Chicka from my arms and puts her back in her crib. I make my way over to the comfort of my bed. I feel drained. I'm not able to sleep anymore. As soon as I close my eyes the face of the man that I shot dead flashes through my thoughts. It's always the same dream that plays over and over in my head. It's definitely taking a toll on my physical health.

" When are you going to tell me what really happened that day?" Mom asks softly.

I lower my head. " I don't think I'll ever be able to tell you mom. You know the reason."

Mom sighs again. I see my nightmares are also taking a toll on her physical appearance. She looks just as tired as I am. I guess me coming home with a wounded leg and a few bruises is definitely not comforting for any mother. I really do want to explain everything to her. I want her to know what I've been through on top of my pregnancy but her knowing about everything will put her in just so much more danger. That's why I stay quiet.

" You don't want to put me in danger. Yes I know Everly but this nightmare you have been having for the past two weeks definitely isn't normal. I really suggest you get some therapy." mom says softly.

I know this is a sensitive topic for her that's why she doesn't raise her voice just above a whisper.

" I told you that I don't need therapy. I'm not sick mom. Just going through something that I'll get over within time. " I explain.

Mom stays quiet. She knows she won't change my mind any time soon. If only she knew what was really the reason for my nightmares. That her daughter is a murderer. She'll never look at me the same way.