What Do We Do Now? ✔️

Liam's Pov

I look at my cousin, too confused to form any sense of words. I thought she would have fled by now after being kidnapped, yet here she is with a baby wrapped tightly in a blanket and in her arms.

" What are you doing here?" I ask stepping aside to let her come in.

" Your security let me in." she explains as she steps inside.

I turn around to face a confused looking Everly. I shrug and close the door again.

" I just didn't know where else to go." Leila says as her baby starts crying. She looks uncomfortable as she tries and calm the baby down. Nothing like Everly. Everly looks comfortable when she's around Chicka even though she doesn't have a clue on what she is doing.

" What happened? " I ask leading her into the living room and away from the crowded dining room. I catch Stella's eyes as she makes her way down the stairs.

Anger awakens inside me. I still can't believe that because of Stella, Chicka might not even be here today. Why couldn't she just talk to me and ask me for help? It's not that I don't trust Jasmin and Brent. They are nice people but I don't trust anyone besides Everly with Chicka's safety. Not even Chase. That's why I'm so pissed off that Stella took measures into her own hands.

I focus my attention back on Leila as she sits down on the nearest sofa.

" Ever since my dad died I have been getting strange calls from the people that were in his gang." she starts.

We killed a lot of The Snakes gang members the day when everything came crashing down. I do know that there are still members left but those members usually end up joing the leader that killed theirs or go rogue. It wasn't that sort of thing in my case because Leila was next in line to take over the gang.

" What do they want?" I ask curiously. The information she has will probably help me to get at least a lead on something.

" They want me to come claim my title as their leader seeing as my dad and his second in command were killed." she explains.

Right. I knew this was bound to happen but I didn't think that they would turn to Leila for directions so soon.

" They started showing up at my house with their cars and just sitting there waiting for me to come out. When I do come out they would follow me everywhere I go. They wouldn't necessarily come up to me but they would just like sit there. Today when I went to do some grocery shopping they even followed me inside. Then some guy accidentally bumped into my cart and the next thing I know a few men jumped him and beat him black and blue. I still don't know if he survived. " she continues.

She explains it as if having little body guards at her side 24/7. In my defense it sounds more like stalkers.

" I had to get away. I was going mad with seeing them everywhere. The only place I could escape to without them following me inside was to your house." her baby finally stops crying and she looks more relaxed.

Her physical appearance looks like she hasn't been sleeping for weeks. She looks ill. Dark bags under her eyes and chapped lips. Even her hair looks as if it hasn't been washed in a week.

" So you brought the ex rival gang right to my front door?" I ask.

She gulps and nods.