Chapter Thirty-Seven

A blue portal opened as James walked through it, reaching Earth 14. The portal closed behind him when his body shivered as cold vapor passed through his mouth. He activated his blue aura powers to stabilize his body. His feet left a deep imprint in the snow and the air howled at him as if it were a banshee. He looked around at the terrain for any signs of life. 

As James walked further in poor visibility, he came across a crystal cave north from him. His glowing green and blue eyes narrowed when he saw purple fire. James sensed Melidan was near. Millennia had a plan to draw out the evil menace. Finder and Hard Drive were in position at the high point inside the cave. Their weapons were drawn out. Finder had her custom made sniper rifle ready aimed at any target. Hard Drive had a sonic and laser cannon primed and set for an attack. 

James flew up in the air, raising his aura powers. He opened up a communication channel from his earpiece. "Millennia, I'm heading towards the crystal cave. I believe Melidan is in the caves. Millennia, do you copy?" There was radio silence and all that was repeated was static. 

James sighed."This is not good, I have to hurry." 

When James approached the snowy ground, he walked toward the crave. James continued to walk until he made it to the entrance away from the howling wind and heavy thick snow. Out of nowhere, he was blasted from an orange energy blast in the chest. He fell on one knee. As James looked up at Melidan in rage, his eyes glowed back and forth between green and blue energy as his hands clenched, glowing with blue aura energy. Melidan's eyes locked into James. With superspeed, he charged in with an attack on James. Solid punches were delivered to James' stomach and chest before he reacted. 

Melidan looked down to James. "Give up now, Superior! Your kind is no match against me."

James blasted Melidan in the face with his blue aura powers that sent him flying backwards. "I will never give up!"

"James is under attack!" Finder fired her rifle at Melidan's helmet. 

Hard Drive fired his sonic wave weapon at Melidan's chest, pushing him back. Melidan struggled against the soundwave while pushing forward.

With super speed, James charged at Melidan with a punch. In response, Melidan smirked as he punched and kicked him. Then, Melidan punched him down hard on the guard, elbowing him in the back. The ground was dented. Afterwards, James flipped his back from Melidan's punch landing on the floor. He got into a fighting stance as his fist tightened. His eyes glowed a deep green.. 

"You are a persistent creature." Melidan walked forward as if timing James's movement.

"What can I say, I live on the edge!" James keep his hands up.

Melidan's hands glowed with an orange ball of energy with a purple center. "Time to be destroyed."

"Not today." James punched Melidan through a wall. 

James flew through the opening of the grey wall, looking for Melidan. With super speed, Melidan threw a right and left punch at James. In turn, James dodged and countered the intensity of his punches. 

"You can do better than that." James danced around him keeping his guard up.

Millennia fired his blue energy blast from the side. Melidan turned in time to deflect the energy with his hands, his palm sizzled giving off smoke. He delivered a punch and kick to Millennia while beating down James. He punched James hard against the rocks. James spat out blood and picked up a heavy rock and smashed it on Melidan's head. He uppercutted Melidan, while Finder and Hard Drive fired their weapons on him. In disgust, Melidan turned glancing up at Finder and Hard Drive. He jumped up high to them.