Chapter Forty

Five hours had passed on Earth 20. James was still unconscious from the battle he had with Melidan. The cold air blew hard outside against the mountain rocks. Poor visibility was evident with a blanket of snow falling down, covering every area in a white blur. Hard Drive took time to interact with Koren's computer, pressing the keys on a floating grey pad and utilizing the maintenance program to repair the vehicle. His eyes moved to the side, watching two machines repairing the ship from the upper bridge. Hard Drive's arms crossed over his chest.

Finder sneaked behind Hard Drive. He sensed she was near and turned around on the spot with his arms extended. He pulled her by the hips, kissing her lips. The two of them stared each other in the eyes as if lost in time.

Finder whispered to him, touching his golden plated chest. "I can't catch you off guard this time."

Hard Drive half smirked."No, not this time. My senses detected your presence. I am connected to all surveillance devices."

Finder leaned her head against his shoulder. His arm held on to her. "I still can't believe we survived all of this."

"I had no doubt we would survive." Hard Drive looked into her eyes. "James did it. He saved all the other worlds."

Finder laughed in a flirtatious manner."Yes, he did. Millennia would be proud of him."

"Do you have any plans now that our crisis is over?" Hard Drive raised his eyebrows.

Finder gave him a wink."I have some ideas. I was thinking we can go to Earth 13 for our vacation. Maybe later make plans to rebuild my homeworld now that Saladin is gone." Her hands rubbed his metallic gold chest.

Hard Drive eyes widen. "Well, I do need to make a new organic body that would take about three days to grow--"

Hard Drive was silenced by her warm firm lips pressing against his. They both moaned, enjoying the moment. Hard Drive's hands gilded against her face.

Finder pulled back in the instant. "Janos, I want to say I--"

"I know, I love you too!" Hard Drive kissed her back. "I love who you are."

Out of nowhere, Green Thunder knocked on the door, disrupted their moment. "I don't mean to interrupt. I was wondering if Finder can accompany me to check on James."

"You go ahead, I will continue with the repairs." Hard Drive pulled back from Finder.

Finder smiled."Okay, we will discuss more on that vacation."

Within fifteen minutes, Green Thunder and Finder stood close by James at the infirmary, checking to see if he would recover. His body was laying on a black bed. Hovering balls of a light circle the air, streaming low levels of UV lights at James' body. The lights from the hall flickered of red and yellow lights. Flat computer monitors kept track of James's vitals. There was no sudden change from the reading. Finder and Green Thunder

"James!" Finder yelled, holding on to his shoulder. He sat up rubbing his head, feeling disoriented from the battle.

"Thank the heavens." Hard Drive walked inside the room. "My scans didn't pick up on any usual readings. His vitals appear to be normal."

"Uhmm." James' eyelids opened. A roaring headache hit him hard. "Is Melidan?"

Finder tapped his shoulder.''Yes, Melidan is no more. You did it, James! You have saved all of the multiverses!"

"You really showed him who's boss." Green Thunder gave a thumbs up.

"No, we saved the multiverse! Without your guys' support, none of this wouldn't be possible." Hard Drive and Finder helped James stood up. James dusted off the dust off his clothes.