Chapter Twenty-Four

The Uriee doppelganger from another world laid in bed connected to machinery as his lips twitched when he tossed and turned. His face was bruised with heavy wounds and his chest had deep lacerations. Millennia stood still and watched him as he had second thoughts about the prophecy, the prophecy of the dark one. Millennia tilted his head noticing a round gold medallion with red flashing archaic symbols around the doppelganger's neck. Millennia lifted the medallion as the symbols stopped glowing.

"How long has he been sleeping for?" Millennia asked, turning around.

Hard Drive pressed on the panel as it injected fluids into the Uriee doppelganger through a tube embedded into his arm, looking at Millennia blinking his eyes."He has been like this for two hours. My scans had picked up an array of injuries. I should be able to administer treatment." 

Millennia eyes dotted to Hard Drive."If he wakes up, call me, Janos." He walked away.

"Yes, understood." Hard Drive blinked his eyes and turned his attention to the patient.

A door opened and Finder walked in giving the brown leather map to Millennia. He took it from her hand, removing a black strap and unraveled it as his eyes moved left to right revealing terrains and body of water. A yellow light flashed at the center of the wooded area, which was an indication of where to find the next  Crystal of Kondo.

A smirked formed as he nodded to Finder. "Thank you, I have to go check on James and Green Thunder." Millennia rolled up the map. He looked at Hard Drive through the glass window and glanced back to Finder. "I will let you two catch up."

"Of course, I will stay with Janos." Finder flung her hair to the side. Millennia walked out of the room as the door opened and closed.

Finder walked over to Hard Drive and hugged him from behind. He adjusted his position and pulled her into a warm embrace as he puckered his organic lips against her cheek. They locked eyes with each other that felt like an eternity had passed as the machine monitor beeped in the room. Hard Drive held on to Finder with his golden metallic hands as if time had stood still, for a moment. He thought about how they first met on a remote world surrounded by mercenaries and traders and how she changed his world for the better with a half smile.

"Hello lover." Finder blushed as her lips puckered to his face. "I missed you, Janos."

"Hello Beautiful." Hard Drive stroked her face with his golden cybernetic hands in a tender fashion as his eyes blinked. "I missed you too."

Finder pulled back looking at the doppelganger laying in the bed. "So, how is he?"

Hard Drive glanced at him."Stable and I will need to repair some of his internal injuries. There is a 99.9 chance he will survive."

"So, I was wondering when will you create another organic body again?" Finder asked, whispering in his ear.

"Uhhh, that would take a couple of days to grow a new organic body." Hard Drive Smiled.

Finder blushed, forming a mischievous grin. She rubbed his metallic chest with her hands. "I have to say it is nice to be with you."

Hard Drive smirked and eyes blinked."I always enjoy your company."

Finder touched his chin with her fingers. He quivered by her touch. "I will let you get back to work. I will be waiting for you in my quarters." She gave him a passionate long kiss as they held each other as their foreheads touched.

Hard Drive Smiled and winked."I will see you there my love."

As Finder walked away, Hard Drive was staring at her from behind. A smile formed on his face. Thoughts of her lingered in his mind. How he wanted to build a future with her. The possibility of that happening felt more real.