Chapter Sixteen

Saladin was blasted into the air as half his body was burned to a crisp trembling in agony. He groaned in pain as flesh and tissue healed with his green energy aura surrounding him. When the smoke cleared, Saladin's jaw clenched, his nostrils flared and muscles tightened. "I gave you a shot at paradise and power. Yet, you defy me!"Saladin flew back down to the ground, while his feet floated an inch not touching the floor. 

 James' eyes glowed a deep green with a hint of blue as he balled his fist together. His lips parted, revealing a grin. "You darn right, Saladin." Millennia's eyes bulged seeing James's eyes flicked green for a moment. "I'll make you pay for killing my father!"

At a high rate of speed, James ran toward Saladin at full force as the ground cracked in waves. His blue aura grew, surrounding his body and fist. Saladin swept James's leg, punched him hard in the gut, and uppercutted him under the chin, sending him flying in the air. Saladin eyebrows furrowed as he threw green multiple large energy balls at James. James' eyes bulged, as he dodged and punched some energy balls out of range and exploded decimating nearby buildings.

Saladin teleported in green energy and gripped James's arm and neck, as they flew toward the nearest tall building. Saladin tossed James hard, going head first into the building, causing it to collapse all around him. In the instant, James careened from the rubble, shirt torn, head dripping with blood, ribs shattered as he drew breath spitting out blood. He closed his eyes, channeling his blue glowing aura to heal his wounds while wiping the blood off his head.

"I'm going to destroy you, boy!" Saladin said, hurling a giant green ball of energy, knocking him further up in the air. James strained clenching his teeth as he pushed it off him before it exploded. Saladin disappeared and reappeared punching and kicking James body around like a rag doll. He elbowed James hard in the chest, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and threw him to the ground, creating a huge dent. With a flick of his glowing hand, Saladin opened a green portal from the sky, and out came Exos ships.

"Attack them!" Saladin said, signaling his hand.

The Exos ships opened fire on the group. Uriee and Green Thunder dodged from the heavy blast coming from Exos ships.  Uriee placed Finder by the tree tent. Another green portal opened and more androids walked through and began to open fire at Green Thunder. Uriee left the tent as his eyes widened seeing five androids, from all corners throwing punches and kicks toward him. He dodged and countered, knocking off the head-like skull off one android and punched a hole in the chest of another android. Gritting his teeth, Uriee charged forward, gripping the neck of two androids slamming them hard on the ground, crushing their heads exposing circuits and wires. 

Green Thunder deflected the blast with his glowing katana, swinging left to right. "Where did they come from?"  Within seconds, Green Thunder sliced through three androids from head to torso.

Uriee eyebrows furrowed with pursed lips, walking with Green Thunder. "Saladin."

"Kill them all!" Saladin lifted both of his hands, summoning a green energy blast toward James. Millennia stopped in front of James taking a hit from the chest against a huge blast while raising his blue aura power."Ahhh!"

"James, you have to go and retrieve the orange Crystal of Kondo. Go now," Millennia said. He pushed against Saladin's blast holding up the force field. His eyebrows crinkled to a frown, holding up the barrier.

"I can help you," James said. "I won't leave you, Millennia!" 

"I can handle him and buy you more time, now go," Millennia commanded.

Exos ships and androids fired at them. James was hit by several of the Exos ships from the back, side, and front. He clamped his hands and shouted in agony. With his green and blue glowing eyes, he glared at all of the ships and caused them to explode. James balled his fist as he flew through several androids torso's at lighting speed, scattering reminisce of circuitry and robotic parts on the open field.