Chapter Twenty-Six

James's hand rested on the glowing green flat panel as he looked up. "Ship, leave the park and head to Harbor Bay."

"As you wish," Ship said.

 Ship three engines ignited in blue flames as it thrusted to the air, causing tree leaves to fall. Ships' red metallic expanded as it flew, cutting through the air. Ship had moved at hyper speed, passing birds, planes, and drones that took up residence in the sky. James sighed as his heart became uneased thinking about his evil double. After encountering him, he wanted to learn as much about him as possible. James, on the other hand, was watching over his evil counterpart in a room through the ship's camera. James watched as he pounded the forcefield and yelled. He smirked as he walked out of the command center as the metallic doors opened and closed behind with a swish. James entered the dining hall as his nose picked up the scent of food as he sat down at the table eating bread, steak, and vegetables on a plate with a silver and gold fork and knife. He took time taking a metal fork to chew a well-done piece of London Broil steak.

"Ship?" James asked, stuffing his face in bread.

"Yes, James Orion Reese," Ship replied.

James cut a piece of steak and chewed it. "Can you increase the lighting in the room to 50%." 

"Yes." Ship adjusted the lighting of the room. "Is there anything you require?"

"No, and thank you for the food. It is great." James drank his glass of water."

"You're welcome, James Orion Reese, enjoy your meal."

"Oh, you know I will." James chewed some more food as he smiled. "Oh, ship?"

"Yes, James Orion Reese?"

James eyebrows raised. "Do you have any pepper?"

Covac was sedated in his cell because James didn't want to hear his mouth. Millennia was down the hall and passed James as he saw him through the glass. He had no desire for food since he was focusing on the mission. Alien Superiors can survive one day without eating food. A trait that seemed to elude James. While indulging, James tasted the tenderness of the meat wrestled between his mouth and teeth. He chewed it, savoring the seasoned steak. Millennia entered a glass room surrounded by steel black walls. Silver medic drones from the ship assisted Millennia in the reactivation of Hard Drive. In a manner of minutes, Millennia reactivated Hard Drive by pressing on the emergency button embedded in his lower left ear and waited for him to come back. 

"Hard Drive, can you hear me?" Millennia asked in a concerned tone.

Hard Drive eyes blanked and he regained moment. "Finder is gone isn't she?"

Millennia stared into his eyes that confirmed his suspicion that she was gone. Hard Drive immediately scans the ship's database. "I know where to find her."

"Hard Drive, we have pressing matters." Millennia stepped to the side.

"That can wait. I have to find her." Hard Drive started to move and turned his head to the side. "Besides, I need to find answers."

"We need you here, Hard Drive. As much as you want to go and find Finder, we need you," Millennia said. "Saladin is still out there and we need all the help we can get."

"You forgot one thing, Millennia, you got James. Finder needs me." Hard Drive turned to him. 

"She deactivated you for crying out loud. I don't believe Finder wanted to be followed."

"She was heading home to her homeworld. Her mother was dying." Hard Drive blinked his eyes."I want to be with her."

"I understand your devotion to her. We still need to find Saladin before he gets his hands on the remaining crystals. I fear the worst is yet to come.''