Chapter Thirty-Four

Covac was working fast to bypass the central computer defense. He punched his fist on the controls. Covac eyed the monitor and realized more androids were coming in their direction. He wiped the sweat off his face, took a deep breath, and got his focus back. He continued to work on the task at hand, which was to destroy the Convergence Device. It would give him more pleasure to thwart Saladin's plan. Even if it cost him his death, it would be well worth it to him.

"Covac, we got company. How close are you to deactivating the Convergence Device?" Green Thunder asked.

"I'm going to need more time." Covac messed with the device, changing the wires.

"No tricks, Covac I want that device deactivated." Green Thunder slashed up some androids' heads and torsos."Or, I will slice off your head too."

"I'm working as fast as I can." Covac said sweat streaming down his face

Androids stormed the room and opened fire. Green Thunder sighed in annoyance, charged in deflected the lasers with his sword with ease, and did a semi slice at four androids in mid-air. At great speed, Green Thunder dodged more laser attacks from the androids. He crouched down at the wall, avoiding rapid fire, trying to buy more time.

"This was not what I had in mind." Green Thunder leaned back against the wall for cover.

"Hey, it is my body on the line. Don't screw this up," Charles said to Green Thunder, echoing from the consciousness of his mind.

"Don't worry I don't plan on dying." Green Thunder stabbed one android in the chest and slashed off the head of the other.

As more Androids came in and opened fire at Green Thunder, Hard Drive from behind, with both hands, fired sonic waves, destroying them. From a corner, a rifle was fired from the catwalk platform above by a red skinned woman in a dark cloak, standing tall waving at her companions.

"Finder and Hard Drive you are here." Green Thunder looked around the corner. "I was starting to feel overwhelmed."

"We couldn't let you have all the fun." Hard Drive winked. "Finder, you stay with Covac. I will go check on Millennial and James."

"Be safe, Janos." Finder walked close to him.

"I will be back Princess." Hard Drive touched her face as he ran back to the front.

Finder smiled, aiming her gun at the corners for more androids to come. Green energy magnified around Saladin's body. James struggled against Saladin's offensive attack. A part of him knew he had to adapt or be destroyed. His arms twitched, his jaws tightened. "You can't beat me, boy. I have all the crystals of Kondo imbued in me. I feel its power coursing through my veins. The Convergence Device will be activated. Soon, your world and other worlds will be no more. Once that is done, I will rebuild the Superior race." Saladin clenched his hand.

"I won't let that happen." James focused on powering up his blue aura.

"Give up, boy, I am too strong for you." Saladin moving side to side.

"That is the thing, Saladin I will never give up until you are defeated. The same goes for my friends." James stood up strong.

A sonic wave hit Saladin from the back, causing him to trip forward. He turned around with a frown formed on his face, brewing with glowing green eyes. "Who dares?"

Hard Drive formed a slight smirk."You know what your problem is, Saladin? You talk too much?"

It wasn't long until Saladin powered up and fired green energy from his hand. Hard Drive dodged the blast that left a gaping hole on the wall three feet from him. "Hard Drive, what a pleasant surprise. You are here to bear witness to the end of your rebellion."