Chapter Thirty-Two

Gray creatures screamed loud that echoed across the wind. Hard Drive and Finder turned around and saw nothing as she pointed her plasma rifle and he drew out his sonic cannon. Green Thunder pulled out his sword, waiting for any movement in the darkness. His eyes moved side to side. 

"What are you waiting for? Christmas?" Charles Kennedy asked within Green Thunder's conscious thoughts.

Green Thunder frowned, gripping the hilt of his sword as it glowed green."I got better things to worry about than your sarcasm."

Covac looked over his shoulder, pressing the keypad. "Who are you talking to?" 

 The creature's screams continued. Loud footsteps trod the ground. An eerie wind blew in their direction.

"They're coming and I believe they brought the whole cavalry." Green Thunder sighed as he held his sword in a fighting position. "We better hurry to get that gate open, Covac." Four Gray creatures charged forward as Green Thunder slashed through them from torso to head with lighting speed.

Covac pressed multiple keys hard on the keyboard, while looking behind him."I'm working on it."

Hard Drive and Finder blasted six gray creatures from two corners. One gray creature scratched Hard Drive's arm, leaving a deep scratch mark. He blinked as he fired his sonic cannon at the gray creature's face when it fell to the side. 

Finder turned and eyes wide as she looked at him. "Are you alright?"

Hard Drive turned and glanced at her as he smiled. "Been better. More of those creatures are coming, we have to move." 

Finder nodded as they both ran.

"Work faster!"Green Thunder ran as he yelled, swinging his sword against the first gray creature that leaped at him. The gray creatures tried to scratch against Green Thunder's chest armor. He dodged with grace. Green Thunder sliced off one the creature's arm and stabbed it in the chest. He pulled his sword out and did a forward roll cutting up to three more gray creatures with precision. Hard Drive shot four gray creatures down with a sonic wave gun from his hand and punched one in the jaw. Finder opened fire on five gray creatures with the head and torso shots, covering Green Thunder. Millennia blasted six of the gray creatures with his blue aura ball of energy.

Millennia and the group moved back fending off the gray creatures while waiting for Covac to override the key panel to the front towering gate that stood twelve feet tall.  In a nervous movement, Covac pressed the wrong key sequence and it denied him access. He banged on the gate with his hand. He gritted his teeth. Covac realized the gate access code that he entered was invalid. His stomach turned in knots. Covac's face crinkled to a frown as he swore under his breath.

Finder sighed and pushed Covac aside. She took out her two laser guns from her holster and shot at the access key panel and pushed the door open. Finder turned around seeing three creatures running toward them. She fired rounds from one of her guns taking them out. Covac eyebrows raised as he ran. Millennia and Hard Drive started to sprint through the open doors. Covac closed the gate before a horde of grey creatures got them. The gray creatures hands extended through the opening of the gate as Covac fell to the ground gasping for air. The gray creatures screamed in protest. He got up from the floor and followed the group.

As they walked through the open path of brown dirt, small silver needle-like anchors from the corners of the ground had risen up. Each anchor had a round object attached at the tip that emitted red flashing light. It released a blue mist into the air. Finder felt something was up. Hard Drive wasn't too sure what to make of the blue mist. His scanners could not detect any lethal poison. Green Thunder looked to his right and left with his hand close to his sword. Millennia was poised and kept his guard up. Light blue aura flowed at his fingertips.