Chapter Thirty-Six

The sky flashed with red lighting. The rift in the sky grew larger as wind blew harder on Earth 13. The ground was shaking. Trees were uprooted from the soil and sucked into the rift. Bodies of the vanquished royal guards dissolved into light balls of red energy. Finder held on to Hard Drive's hand as tight as she could not letting go of the android she loved. The wind picked up speed, blowing against her dark cloak; she was fearful yet she held on tighter.

"I won't let you go, my love. Hang on." Hard Drive held on to Finder's hand as the wind of the portal blew hard from their direction. 

Finder squinted her eyes and formed a smile and laughed. "Not a chance." 

Haru San started to lose traction with his gravity boots. He grunted as he arched his back, pulling against the force of gravity as he walked as close as possible toward the steel wall."Everyone hang on!" 

Green Thunder gripped his sword, his legs dangling in the air. "I don't want to die." Charles Kenndy said in Green Thunder's consciousness.

"I won't let that happen." Green Thunder held to his sword.

"Hold on." Haru San increased the gravity of his boots to 100 percent. His feet started to strain. The rope was starting to break.

James waved his hands. "Okay, I surrender close to that rift."

Evil James closed the rift with his hand. Green Thunder let go of his sword and landed on his back and started panting. "Remind me why I'm here again." The wind died down. Finder fell down and Hard Drive caught her with grace. They both locked eyes with each other. He let her down gently.

"Now, on your knees." Evil James pointed his finger to the ground.

James flew down to the ground and kneeled down with one knee. Evil James smirked. Finder picked up her rifle and aimed and fired at Evil James back from the air. "Don't do it, James, he will kill you."

"Annoying pest!" Evil James' eyes glowed redder as he clenched his hands and teeth."If that's the way you want to play it."

Evil James turned around and fired a red ball of energy at Finder. "No!" Hard stepped in front of her and took a hard hit to the chest that exposed wires and circuitry, which sparked light. Smoke seeped from his chest. He went down on his knees, gripping Finder's hand and leaned into her arms. 

Finder wept. Tears streamed down her cheeks. "Janos!"

Hard Drive smiled and rubbed her face with his gold metallic hand. "I am right here my love." 

"Why did you do that?" 

"You know why. I have loved you since we first met on our mission on Earth 92. I still love you now and always. You made me feel things I never thought would be possible. I wouldn't let anything happen to you. Not to that pretty face of yours. My circuits are damaged, my power level is at 52 percent. I will go on reserve power. Don't worry my dear, I will be okay."

Finder smiled. "You better."

Out of nowhere, Evil James flew down to the ground and walked toward James. Green Thunder ran up on the side and slashed his sword at Evil James. He put up a red force field and pushed Green Thunder away. "You people don't learn. You can't stop me."

As he walked forward, Evil James placed Green Thunder in a red containment field. He melted his sword with red energy from his palm and constructed his throat, choking him from the inside.

"Enough! Let Green Thunder go." James balled his fist.

Evil James chuckled as he lifted Green Thunder in the air and with a wave of his hand flung him against a boulder.