Chapter Eighteen

James and Millennia were backed into a tree. James swayed side to side from the green-scaled creatures' sharp teeth and claws. The creatures hissed, extending their black six inches claws as their mouths drooled, hitting the grass.

"Any bright ideas?" James looked to his left and right.

"Ok, on the count of three we channel our blue aura energies together on these creatures." Millennia held up his fists.

"Yeah, sounds good to me. Let's do this." James kept his eyes while keeping his hands up.

The green-scaled creatures that stood eight feet tall with yellow eyes, continued to close them in the corner.

"One...Two... Three!" Millennia released a heavy load of energy with James.

 As the creatures lounged forward, James and Millennia blasted all the creatures in a massive wave of their combined power, destroying the creatures on contact. Both James and Milennia sighed in relief.

Millennia patted James on the back. "We survived them."

James caught his breath."That was a close call."

"Yes, it was." Millennia looked around the corner. "Come, we need to find Asunnia to leave this place."

James walked forward. “I am with you on that one.”

Asunnia was whistling on the path deep in the woods. He checked his wrist band. The buttons on it flashed with different colors of red, blue, and green. Assunia's ears perked up on the crunching sound of footsteps. He jumped out of the way and hid in the bushes.

"James, we split up. You take the path on the right and I take the one on the left.

"Okay Millennia, you got it.” James walked forward.

"James, any sign of trouble you contact me on the communicator device," Millennia said. 

James nodded and started to move.

James noticed footprints in the mud. Birds flew above him as he looked up. The wind was blowing in his direction as it rippled against his clothes. His eyes bulged when he saw movement. His hands, arms, and shoulders tensed. He looked around and sensed something was off.

James floated off the ground clenching his fist and eyebrows furrowed."Asunnia, come out, there is no place to hide. It's only a matter of time until I get my hands on you."

James followed the trail of the muddy footprints. The wind picked up more that blew hard against James' clothes. "Asunnia I will find you to mark my words."

Something moved in the bushes. James turned his head and charged up his blue aura around his fist and got into a fighting stance. His eyes squinted.

"Whoever it is in the woods, you better come out or I will blast you." James' eyes glowed green and blue as his teeth clenched. "I'm not playing around."

From the bushes, a man with brown leather clothes and gray skin came out with his hands up in the air. "Hey, I'm not looking for trouble. I surrender."

"Who are you?" James asked, lowering his hands.

"Oh, my name is Orak," he said.

"What are you doing here all by yourself in the middle of nowhere?" James inquired.

Orak eyebrow raised. "I was marooned on this Earth. I was what you call a trader. You have nothing to worry about. I'm unarmed. I just want to get home." 

"Why should I believe you? As far as I know, you could be another of Asunnia's creatures." James frowned, crossing his arms.

"I don't know who this Asunnia is-- I just want off this planet. Can you help me?" Orak asked as he looked at James with purple eyes.