Chapter Twenty-Three

It was a matter of time until Covac spilled the intel before he lost consciousness from the torture. Green blood covered his cuts and swollen bruises on his face and torso, while being hogtied to a chair. He bited his lower lip in protest. A communication call came in that interrupted Millennia's session.

Finder bloomed with enthusiasm in her voice as she smiled. "Millennia, I have good news. I was able to retrieve the map from Uriee's Doji."

Millennia lips creased into a smile. "Good work! You can meet me at my coordinates."

Finder nodded. "Okay, Millennia."

Covac's eyes squinted as his lips contorted downward. "The Master will come for you and when he does--"Covac was interrupted by Millennia's punch to the jaw. Droplets of blood leaked out of Covac's mouth. He jerked his head back at Millennia eyes bulged. "The Master will come. He will destroy all of you and there is nothing you can do to stop him."

Millennia knocked out Covac as his head tilted to the side."That's what I'm counting on."

"James, were you able to find your friend Hunter?" Millennia asked.

"I'm at the bar. So far... Wait, I think I see something." James flashed his flashlight from his cell phone on the floor.

 James observed a strange green long trail of goo on the ground. "I see some green slime."

James followed the trail outside the bar far into the grassy woods. The trail stopped in the middle near two large trees adjacent to each other. He turned off his cell phone flashlight and placed it back into his pocket. James' eyes dotted back and fourth as they glowed a green and blue as he raised his blue aura. He lifted his right palm to detect vibration in the air. 

James reached his right arm into the sky. A silver Exos ship materialized in front of him as he looked up. "Now that is not something you don't see every day. Then again, I'll take that back."

James flew up in the air and breached the door with his fist. He stepped inside looking at the intricate devices that operate the ship. He landed on the platform floor. A cool breeze blew in James' direction as the wind crinkled against his clothes.

The ship emitted a humming noise, green and blue light lit up on all corners of the ships wall. Shades of silver simmered on the walls, giving off a reflection. A computer screen appeared in front of James. It projected an image of him.

"Identify yourself," a cold robotic ghost voice said. "State your claim."

James stood back with hands clenched. His eyes locked to the monitor. 

"Choose your words carefully." The voice instructed. 

James cleared his throat. "My name is James Reese. I'm looking for someone whose name is Hunter."

"Hunter... human... male...eighteen. He occupies these quarters," the voice said.

"Where can I find him?" James asked.

A door opened on the right corner of James as he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, that was easy."

James stepped forward, traversing through the path of black steel floors. He saw nothing but solid silver doors left and right. Each had cryptic black symbols that were written alien glyphs that James couldn't make out.

The voice spoke with authority."Keep walking straight."

As James approached a room, he noticed a large glass rectangular tube that contained Hunter's body. His eyes remained closed as if in a deep sleep. He strode close to the containment.

"Ship, can you release Hunter?" James looked up.

"Yes, I can release him," The voice repeated.

A glass lid rose to the top. Cold airlifted in a vacuum. The smoke cleared and Hunter stood out of the chamber as he staggered to the side. His eyes opened from a haze, he recognized James. James ran to him before he fell back down. He grabbed hold of Hunter's arms.