Chapter Nine

A neon spaceship was ninety feet below sea level. Beyond the rocks and reef that lay dormant in algae, different types of fish swam near the glass, looking past the ship out of curiosity with their eyes. They scuttled away when predators of gray sharks approached. Hard Drive had repaired the ship and all of its functions. The crew talked amongst themselves in the hollow deck.

Flashes of images entered James' mind in his sleep. The death of his father, the fight with Saladin, awakened his powers. Beads of sweat developed on his forehead as he tossed and turned from a soft red bed. His hands clenched into a fist with a blue aura. James woke up with green and blue glowing eyes, confused, and not knowing where he was. He looked around and saw a room with strange machines. A golden android, sat on the chair and waited for him to awake.

Hard Drive waved. "Hello."

"Who are you? Where is Millennia?" James asked as he got up from a comfortable bed that he never saw before. A door opened that was adjacent to James. Millennia, Green Thunder, Wavelength, and Finder all walked into the room.

Hard Drive held his hand out. "It is okay, you are safe."

"What is this place?" James asked, looking at everyone in the room.

"You are on my ship, James, and these are my friends and allies I wanted you to meet." Millennia stepped back. "We are thirty thousand feet below sea level from your city."

"Nice to meet you, James." Finder waved at James from the corner.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too, kid." Wavelength crossed his arms.

"Hello, James Orion Reese, I didn't mean to frighten you. I am Hard Drive." He walked into the room. "My scans picked up that you are under stress. You are welcome to relax here." Hard Drive blank five times with his golden retinas.

"So, you are the one Millennia been talking about? Nice to meet another warrior." Green Thunder walked on the side of James.

"Have we met? James asked, "Why do I feel like I know you?" James tapped into a new power he never used before. The blue aura allowed him to sense another being within Green Thunder.

"I don't understand." Green Thunder leaned against the wall.

"Why is there another entity I sense in you?" James asked probing for an answer.

The group atmosphere shifted when the others looked at Green Thunder, as James kept on asking more questions.

"What does James mean by that, Green Thunder?" Millennia asked with a puzzled expression. 

"Okay, now that you are all here. I can explain it. You remember the big fight we had at Earth 36? Well, you all assumed I died. That aftermath was accurate. I turned to sand that day when I froze Saladin in his place to buy more time for Millennia to escape with the red Crystal of Kando. Well, after you all left, my body reformed but not completely. In order to survive, my body needed to bond with a new host to survive. So, I traveled to this world following the biosignature of the red Crystal of Kondo that Millennia used to transport to this world. That was until I spotted a perfect match. A young human male that was a perfect match than any other humans that I tried to bond with, who could sustain my life."

Green Thunder powered down with green energy and removed the black thick armory in a green flash that revealed himself to be Charles Kennedy. Immediately, James ran toward his direction and punched him hard in the face. Charles went flying across the room.

"Man, I waited a long time to do that. Of all the people, you had to bond with. You choose him?" James asked Green Thunder. "This scumbag in high school that taunted me since middle school."