Chapter Seven

The sky was black with an overcast of two red moons shining brightly. Uriee's Dojo was massive in size, layered with green and red thick wood. Ancient gold symbols were engraved into the wood. Torches were lit up at the front entrance. Outside of the Dojo, from the far corner, lies a large pond of genetically altered electric eels with sharp teeth and yellow eyes. Electric eels that swam in that pond had an array of colors from gold, silver, or multi-color scales. Some of the electric eels even had orange and white scales, swimming in green water.

James closed his eyes and focused on his inner aura. The blue energy drew from his body rippled in waves. He clenched his jaw, fearing a part of himself he never embraced. His body began to sweat as he levatied thirty feet off the black mat. When he opened his eyes, the blue aura left his body as he fell down, landing face first on the mat with a loud thud.

Uriee laughed at James. "Not bad on your fifth attempt. It is time for your next lesson."

James got up slowly, feeling the aches of his body. "Yeah, what would that be? How to take a fall again?"

"Don't worry, the more you use your power, the easier it gets." Uriee took him to another room that had a table stack full of thick gray concrete bricks. "I want you to channel your aura. Only this time, I want you to break those bricks with your hand."Uriee went over to light a green and red scented candles on the table.

James walked up to the table. "I don't know? These bricks are thicker than what I see in karate movies." He turned to Uriee. "Are you sure this is gonna work?"

Uriee stood in the corner and watched. "James, concentrate on your breathing, let the your aura grow from within."

James stretched his body and jumped around. He took a breath as the energy manifested in blue waves. His heart rate increased as his eyes went from brown, glowing to green and blue color. With one quick action, James smashed the bricks and crumbled the table in half.

James's eyes bulged." Whoa, that was crazy!" He looked at his hand, noticing no bruises.

Uriee had his hand on his chin. "Good, Mr. Reese, there are more lessons to learn. Come this way."

James sighed, shaking his head. "What did I walk into?"

                                                                   * * *

The training lasted for six hours between James and Uriee. Time passed. James carried two heavy boulders on his back, while channeling his blue aura powers that surrounded his body. He would go around in circles with the two heavy boulders. Uriee kicked his knees to test his endurance.

Uriee waved his hand. "Time to rest."

James dropped the boulders, breathing hard. "What gives, Uriee? What is the point of carrying these boulders?"

Uriee slapped him hard in the jaw, James tumbed back. "Sensei Uriee!"

James rubbed his face. "Sorry, Sensei, I mean no disrespect."

Uriee smirked. "Now, you are learning."

"Alright, Mr. Reese, I want you to attack me." Uriee signaled his hand.

"Okay." James charged at him with his full blue aura that surrounded his body. His eyes sparked with green and blue as yelled, throwing his fist forward.

Uriee countered, knocking James hard on the ground with a solid punch to the face and gut."Remember what I taught you, Reese, never attack your opponent in anger. You must clear your mind of your emotions. Once you do that, then you'll be able to use your powers at your full potential." Uriee drank down a cup of water from a container.