"Dear." 

I look up at the low sexy voice that was coming from above to meet worried eyes, "if there's something the matter tell me," I felt a soft squeeze on my hand, "we're in this together for the long run remember?"

Aki who's the first prince of the Autumn royal family gave up his right to the throne in order to be with me so his younger sister who is second in line to the throne just became the queen about a couple of months ago and thanks to Aki for giving up his rights to the throne she changed the law for same-sex couples to help Aki.

Ahh geez, I feel a really weird tight squeeze in my chest, I must really like him.

I wrapped my arms around his broad chest and hugged the large hunk known as my husband tightly.

"Aki."

"Yes, Alex?" As he hugs me back.

"Thank you." He sacrificed a lot, his rights and his title to be with me, I'm so grateful to be with him.

I looked down at our feet to realise he was still wearing high heel boots even at this age, I guess some things still don't change no matter how much time pass by.

Hand in hand we walked to a humble orphanage since it was deep inside a forest so our carriage couldn't take us far.

Once we got to the humble orphanage I noticed how there were many traces of children living here.

Small shoes filled the wooden shoe rack, the coat hangers were all full up with coats and hats, silly colourful drawing of odd creatures, plants and houses filled up the wooden wall with tape.

"Welcome Arch-Duke Aki Autumn and Arch-Duke Alex Autumn!" 

A kind elderly nun appeared before us with a happy smile as she bowed, "my name is Helen and I am the director of this orphanage now please follow me! the children are so excited to meet you!"

Although I wasn't anywhere close to the positive nun, I could smell a faint scent of flowers coming from her, her bright smile and scent of flowers really remind me of my mother, I don't mean my biological mother, I meant Edna. My real mom.

We walk through the wooden orphanage to see outside there were other children laughing and playing around in the seasonal leaves, I felt happy to see such cute children so I turned back to the person who is responsible for all of this and as I look over the small structure of the nun and can't help but smile bitterly at the resemblance, maybe I should go and visit mother after this?

"Alex?" I turned to Aki as he called for my name.

"Does she remind you of Edna?" I nodded in response, he also showed a bitter smile and whispered into my ear, "let's go visit mother in law after this."

Damn, he's making me melt with happiness that he knew instantly what I was thinking. We really were married for 7 years.

"Here we are," she opened a wooden brown door and at once  I met eyes with several children who were all lined up in a row, all clean and dressed up nicely.

"As you requested we lined up some of the brightest children we have in the orphanage, all aged between 5 to 7 years old."

We thanked the nun and approached the children, they look really nervous.

"Hello nice to meet you all," I said as I crouched down, "My name is Alex Autumn and this is my husband Aki Autumn, what are all of your names?"

All of them properly greeted us warmly to hide their nervousness and kept up a charade, they were all able to introduce their names and age properly and the things they enjoy doing, Helen the nun suggested for me and Aki to do some activities with them to see if we would click with any other children but as time goes by me and Aki both agreed we were unable to click with any of them.