chapter 9

May, 25, 20XX

Jennie's POV

I can see how tired Lisa is. The game is about end in a matter of seconds and we are still far from the opponents score. They are leading up to five points.

"Go Phoenix we can do this!" Their coach shouted. Lisa whipped her head towards the audience and we met eye to eye. Her eyes cries exhaustion and pain.

'You can do this for our baby.' I mouthed her. She smiled and took a deep breath.

Seulgi passed her down the ball, she started dribbling and running across halfway the court.

I glanced at the time board and it read 40 seconds. I looked back at Lisa and she already shot the ball inside the ring. 3 points was added to our score.

The opponent got the rebound but Seulgi was fast that she managed to steal it again and passed it to Lisa.

They were running again and Im getting tired just watching them. The baby inside me started kicking a lot and harder. I placed a hand over it and rubbed it.

"Shhhhhh... Dada is going to win."

The opponents circled Lisa making it hard for her to shoot the ball.

time check 10 seconds.

We are going to loose if Lisa wouldn't shoot the ball.

I can't believe my eyes on what she did next. She passed the ball all the way to Jisoo. Jisoo was known to be a point guard not a shooter. You can see the shock on her looks when Lisa passed her the ball.

"Kim! Shoot the ball!" Their coach shouted. Jisoo looks lost but throwed the ball.

Everything went in slow motion. The ball is the only has it's own life right now.

3

2

1

"Another 3 points for phoenix!" The commentator shouts that made everyone in our school go wild.

Our team won!

Lisa and her teammates are speechless. They slowly gathered in the middle of the court and hugged each other.

I can see the happiness in her face as she tightly embrace them. The hardwork and late night practice really paid off. I am so proud of her and Jisoo and Seuligi of course. They did reall great.

"We won....." Rosé ran to me and pulled me up from my sit. She was all sweaty because of a lot of dancing and shouting but I don't care. I hugged her cause she started crying.

"I am so proud of my chikkin." She cried on my shoulder. I rubbed her back to soothe her.

"She is proud of you too. You did well on our routine by the way." I praised her.

"You think so?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I pulled out from the hug and wiped her tears.

"Go run to your precious chikkin." I pushed her towards Jisoo.

She run to her lover and immediately kissed her on the lips. The scene is so serene and beautiful. You can feel that they really love each other.

"Hey!" I turned my head to the side and saw Lisa standing with big smile on her lips. She was holding the trophy on her right hand while there is a towel on her left. I slowly walk towards her and she opened her arms for me. I quickly snuggled myself inside her and congratulated her.

"You did it." I mumbled against her sweaty jersey.

"No we did it." She said. She placed a hand on top of my bump and caressed it. She let go of me and knelt down to talk to it.

"I did it baby. I did it for you." She said before placing a loving kiss. She stood up and hugged me again.

"Congratulations captain." We pull out from the hug to look at who spoke.

Lisa quickly let me go and I release a small whimper because of the emptiness. She went to hug that person and I didn't leave it unnoticed when she kissed that girl on the cheeks.

Who is she by the way?

They turned to me and I was surprised who was it.

"Jennie."

"Tzuyu."  I said under my breath. I can feel the world crushing on me seeing Lisa's ex.

"It is so nice to see you again Jennie." She said and embraced me. I am not really close to her but since she dated Lisa I talked to her more than once.

"What are you doing here I thought you were in Taiwan." I said unbelievably.

"I came back I don't want there. I want here and this is where my heart is." She answered me, she glanced at Lisa and I can see the adoration they share together.

I shouldn't be feeling this but I felt jealous. I know Lisa is not mine but I can't take this pain I am feeling seeing them together. Are they back again to each other...

"Babe is it okay for you if I take Jennie to the doctor?"

Babe..... So they are back together.

"Sure, I mean it will be bad if you let Jennie on her own." Tzuyu replied.

"Yeah Im just gonna bring her for her monthly check ups then later we'll go out okay?" I didn't like the way she sounds right now. My monthly check ups? Before when Tzuyu is out of picture she calls it our baby's doctor time. Why does it feel like she is speaking like this baby is just mine? Like she is not the other parent.

Didn't she told Tzuyu that it is her baby also?

"Okay I'll see you later. Love you." Tzuyu said and she placed a chaste kiss on Lisa's cheeks.

"Love you too." She replied before walking me out of the loud court.

I am beyond upset right now.

"Hey are you okay?" She asked me as we are walking our way to her car.

"Im fine." I simply replied and continued walking with her. There was a platonic look on my face that she noticed. I can see how she shrugs it off and walked to the same pace as I was.

Once we reached her car she escorted me inside and buckles my seatbelt. She touched my belly first before going to the driver seat.

I didn't dare to utter any words to her cause I don't really have anything to say right now. I just want to go to the hospital and know my baby's gender.