Miss Adams' attitude suddenly brightened up, "Welcome to the school, Charlotte!"

Charlotte's eyes widened, smiling in bewilderment as she nudged Damon, "You have to teach me that, how can someone do anything for anyone without please?"

"Modern times require modern solutions," Damon shrugged, smirking to himself as Charlotte frowned in confusion.

✵ ✵ ✵

"It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it," Elena said, sighing as she added, "No vampire mother or brother."

"No vampires at all?" Stefan asked, emphasizing.

"No vampires but you," Elena shook her head with a faint smile, "I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework and here's a thought," She paused for the dramatic effect, "Fun."

Before Stefan could respond to that, Elena's eyes drifted off to find Caroline rambling and smiling from ear to ear as she showed Charlotte around, the latter being more amused by the second.

"Speaking of vampires...I didn't know Charlotte was joining the school?" Elena raised an eyebrow, turning to Stefan who upon hearing that turned around, to find said brunette laughing at some dumb joke Caroline said.

"Matt and I are planning to hang out later, and you should definitely join us! You know ...get to know us and work on the whole new friendship thing?" Caroline offered, rambling quickly.

Charlotte nodded, "Of course, I would love too."

"We were thinking of making it some sort of triple date? Me and Matt, Elena and Stefan--" Caroline said, crossing her arms before Charlotte cut her off, frowning.

"Me and myself?"

Caroline chuckled, "Actually...I know that Tyler is not really with anyone lately...and even though he is a total dick, it's just this once," She promised, sighing as Charlotte looked unconvinced, "Please?"

Charlotte pursed her lips, deep down wishing she was not taught to never deny a please, "Fine, so who is Tyler?"

"Tyler Lockwood, on the football team...really not everyone's favorite but--" Caroline talked all about Tyler's life to Charlotte and the Bernard girl must have zoned out at least three times but she was brought back to the land of the living when her body made contact with the ground, and she looked up to find her vision full of hair.

"Oh My God! Charlotte!" Caroline called, almost panicking, "Serena! Get up! You squished her!"

Serena Bernard jumped up, stumbling as she did so before fixing her hair up in the messiest bun, "Heya, sorry newbie, didn't see ya there. Jay was quite literally going to kill me, I filled up his locker with bubblegum like...dude oops? Your locker is super close to the Maths class and surprise, they don't keep a trash can there."

She ranted before pulling out a small pack of bubblegums and offering the girls some, "Want some? All for sharing? As long as you stick it in Jay's locker."

That once Charlotte didn't need a first or last name, the girl's looks were quite enough, that was definitely her great somewhat more niece. She was an almost carbon copy of her middle sister, Fallon Bernard, and her carefree vibe reciprocated all those of Fallon's. Fallon had always been Charlotte's absolute favourite, some people considered them twins at times. The brunette was more than just depressed to know that she will never see her again but being able to see her great-granddaughter nowadays, made up for all of that.