21

I run to the store room as the sirens started ringing. The window was there. I took a table and climbed on it . First I put my one leg out and then the other. I looked down to see my squad giving confused looks to me. I slowly moved down making sure they don't get a view from down. I was halfway through down , when someone shouted at me to move down quickly or we will get caught. I did but in that attempt I tripple over.

I could have landed with some of my bones broken but thank God Andrew catched me.

I know what you all are thinking, the scene will be full romantic if it weren't Andrew.

He hold me for few seconds looking at me and then drop me with a thud.

Awww

"Well done Alisa", Alex came forward with other members to make me stand up.

"What was that for?", Andrew asked pointing out to a block full of fire.

"Satisfaction, internal satisfaction."

He suppressed a smile , and I took the chance.

I moved away with the others leaving Andrew as he need to show his attendance on his dad's funeral.

We settle ourselves in a big truck and hurried away. I now realized that how much happy I was. The anger when I saw the burnt face of my mother was vanishing but the pain , the pain that who will now taunt me, ruin my every morning by shouting at me to be late , waste my first thirty seconds of duty , laugh with me , acompany me, force me to have milk, putting two slices on the plate even though I mentioned one, will get emotional on god knows whatever , praising the own self by
sending me #momimportancequotes, forcing me to marry and especially asking people for that,  being the both mom and dad for me , and at last comes to me not to say sorry but talking all sweet and lovely after shouting and scolding me for an hour ....That pain of loss will still linger. Mom , I miss you.

Please come back.

I was brought back to reality when I found that the car was going in another direction.

"Where are we going?"

"Airport, to drop you off. After this there will be a search for a woman named eve Toulon wearing a burkha and looking very similar to you."

"Oh, but I need to go punjab first ."

"Huh?.. yeah I got it."

I entered the airport with Alex at my side and took a ticket to punjab.I finally make my way to the plane.

"Goodbye Alex",

"Goodbye Alisa , nice working with you."

Within an hour I was back at the hospital . Here I thought mom's body  should follow her town's original custom that is to fire the body. This thing is surely done by a son or a grandson but she hadn't had one.

So I am now standing in front of my mom's dead body placed on a pile of woods covered with a white cloth. There was a lady named simran who was praying to god.

A man came and give me a bowl which contains what they call amrit , holy water. I put it at my shoulder walking circles around her body, dropping some of the water. After doing it three times , the man gave me a wood . It's tip was on fire.

I moved forward , my brain not working and my hands trembling. She wanted me to see her town , her country. Wanted to spend a holiday with me.

I closed my eyes and fired it . I moved back and started crying. I don't have energy to see it. The woman hugged me trying to sooth me.

At last, I had to face the reality. My mother was gone.

........

Have heard of langar?

Ah..It's just group lunch which a person organises in a gurdwara. It is said that it is first served to god and then distributed among others. My mom used to tell me about this. Said it is really good to serve others as they sat down. It makes god happy.

But right now I decided to organize it for her happiness.

All food was being prepared with men and women praying all along.

Simran asked me to serve the food. I took the big bowl full of chapati and started offering people. After some time , I realized that it really felt good.

One suggestion, if you have come to india and never have served lunger then you are the most dumb person.

I move forward,"parshada?"
(Chapati which was earlier served to god.)

"Yeah sure."

I was about to give when I stopped. Did he just speak English?

The man was wearing a white hoodie over his face so I can't see him first. Yes there's a tradition to cover your heads when you enter a gurudwara but with small handkerchief . But then I noticed , in that row almost every man had a big cloth over them.

I stepped back.

"Won't you serve me , Alisa",harry said removing his cap.

Oh shit.