12

After coming home , my mom didn't say anything. She wasn't upset but surprised. She hasn't seen my this side. I make myself a cup of noodles and went to my room.

I lay on my bed watching my phone. A pop-up come of a photo , I have taken this morning from Mom's phone. Who's number could be this? I don't think it belongs to the ones I just met.

I took out my laptop, and started my hacking business trying to see who belongs to this number. Okay ,I am not a tech. Moreover , the photo I took was blurred. So I couldn't make out whether the last letter was.

I have to Take my mom's phone. I slowly moved through the corridor to my mom's room. She wasn't asleep yet. Thought the gate was closed but the lights were on. I Should have come a little later.

"I haven't suppose her to be like this?"

I put my ear to the door straining to hear.

Why? Don't you ever eavesdrop?

"I thought, asking Whitman's to persuade my daughter to marry and took her overseas was a good idea . She would be away from danger and could live a happy life. But she is so smart. You can't imagine, what James's condition was."

What? Is that all planned? To keep me away from danger?

Mom has gotten insane.

"Yeah , alright, well that's a problem too. .. ok keep me updated till I find another way."

The lights went down after that.

I am definitely gonna get her phone. So after ten minutes I entered her room trying not to disturb her , took her phone and went away.

I opened it and was shocked to find it was the same number, I took the photo of. What is she hiding. By the way , it was three not five.

I put her phone back on her table. She was sleeping peacefully . I really wondered whether she's the one who shouts at me like a witch all day.

I closed the gate and went to my room. I dialed the number with my phone not suzanne's.

"Hello?"

"Hello sir , I am Elise Potter from life insurance company. Am I talking to Nicholas Taylor ?",I said making my voice softer.

"No this is Rickard Watson."

You son of a ...

"Ahh...ok ok. Well sir do you like to get our insurance policy?"

"No"

He was in Kashmir now, that I Know. So I opened my laptop to track his specific location, while engaging him on phone.

"Hmm sir I think that insurance in today life is must. Imagine if tomorrow , you will be going out to work and suddenly a big truck overtake you..."

A map open up of kashmir with a locator , just some more time.

"And by mistake you crash over it causing your whole car to blow up."

The pointer located on a place called pulwama.

"Jesus, your thinking!"

"Ah..Sir this is true nature of reality, one time you can be talking to someone on the phone like you are now, and next your phone could explode as well. You could never imagine. You could be having sex in a hotel room and the next you know the girl could kill you taking away your whole money. Sometimes, it is just a heart attack while other times it could be cancer, depression, sometimes love."

The location was just about to pop out when the phone was cut on another side.

Shit!

What in hell my mom is doing with Rickard? That day Rickard was the one who dropped me home , mom knew it. Maybe she knows him from then. He is so good at manipulating innocent people.

Alright, I confront her tomorrow about this. I sniffled a yawn.

Sleep is very important besides all my mind has exhausted up now.

I woke up next morning due to the irritating voice of my alarm clock. I was very stubborn when it comes to sleep so mom bought me an alarm clock of the worst sound you could ever imagine.

Of Suzanne crying.

I stopped the ringer and moved away the sheets. Now it's time to confront mom.

"Mom?", she wasn't in her room. Must be downstairs.

I walked down ,"mom?!!"

"Suzy",I turned to see bella," your mom has gone out somewhere due to an emergency.

"What?"

"I think she received a call this morning. Was deadly serious after that. Here she leaves a note for you."

She handed me a paper. In a neat slant handwriting, she had wrote me some lines.

Hi sweetie, you must be very angry that I left without telling you , I am really sorry. This morning I received a call from Punjab, my hometown I told you. My elder cousin has passed away due to a car accident. It was really urgent for me to go. I hope you understand. Moreover, I thought about what you told me about a trip out. Meet me day after tomorrow on Punjab's railway station will you? Then I will show you how amazing my country is!!

"Why she didn't took me with her? If she really wants us to travel , I could have accompanied her.", I took out my phone to call her.

"She was in a hurry this morning Suzy, understand. You could ask her that when you meet her. Right now , she is really very upset , do you want to stress her more?"

"Okay.. I am going to freshen up, should announce my absence at office today.",I smiled at her and went away.

Everything is happening so fast that I really don't know what to do? I just hope mom will be alright.

I was halfway up when I realized I left my phone down.

"Ah..She was really very upset , madam. She questioned me why you didn't take her along with you..... Yeah I understand your reason . I'll take care of her , don't worry."

Great! Now even my Butler knows how to hide things.

Am I that easy to fool?

******