8

"so how is the work going?"

"Fantastic"

Sara and I decided to give only monosyllabic replies .

"Well Sara?"

"Yes"

"Alisa told me it involves a lot of money. How much is your budget around? Should be ten-tweny no?"

"Around"

There was an awkward silence, ....mom seriously got irritated by us. And we kept eating as fast as we could.

We don't want her to know anything.

She is too sensitive for that. After we finished , we went back to my room.

"You have grown to be closer , Alisa."

"hm"

"So anything got into that?", she point at my head.

"No . The more I try , the more confusing it is. But I think I was somewhere around China Town market."

"Of course , it is just beside that pub."

We sit there in silence.

"Okay let's start from the beginning. According to your conscience you have met Rickard only two times though it is three. First in the meeting room, which didn't show us any clue and then...today morning."

"Yes"

"Alisa! What was he doing there?"

"Where?"

"At reception, if his work is to check that everything is on track , he should be up on the floor with us. Moreover you told me , Harry wasn't expecting him too when he got out the lift. You say he was heading straight to the door unless he spotted Rickard."

"Yeah, you are right."

"And why would he waste his time there, if he really wanna just sit ideally, why at all he came?"

Again there was a silence.

"Maybe to meet me. ",I say looking at her, "which ensures us that he was the guy at the pub as well. Something definitely happened that day"

"And he want to clarify whether you remember anything or not.", Sara said standing up.

"You got brains , Sara . You are right."

"Ok tell me , what did he say to you? No first can you show me the recordings? It will help your slow processing mind."

"Shut up! The laptop is in the building. But no problem , give me a second. Believe me I am an expert at this."

I opened my another laptop , which usually stays at home.

And within a minute I had my CCTV footage on the screen.

"Don't tell me you hack your own device, Alisa."

I grinned at her, "It's Suzanne's, now let's see ."

We sat on my bed , watching it right from the beginning. Just usual members and our team members checking in .

Nothing else.

We forward it a little.

Twenty minutes before I reached the office, that's 10:40 a.m., Rickard step in and talked to the receptionist and nodded and took a seat.

"What did he asked?",Sara asked.

"Maybe about me."

I took out my phone, dialing daisy's number.

"Oh Alisa , it is ten pm .", Sara said.

"Hello? Ma'am any emergency?", she picked up.

"No just wanna talk to you about what you told me this morning."

"Oh"

"Well..  did Rickard asked you something when he came in?"

"Yes yes I nearly forgot to tell you that. He asked whether you have arrived? Just that much."

"Okay Thanks bye"

I hung the phone.

"He asked about me. But the thing is I didn't inform you that I was arriving late that day. And he was just at the correct time to enter if I haven't got arranged with the paparazzi."

"What did this mean , Alisa? Is he tracking you?"

"That this Rickard , is really something. Stay away from him."

We continue playing the video, me entering through the gate, Rickard observing me entering and then looking at his phone while Daisy greeted me.

So cunning, that son of a...

"So now , what did he ask ? ",Sara said stopping the video.

"I was shouting at him for wearing casuals in the office. Then he asked me whether I want to play a stupid game. What was it?..... Fuck Tom and Jerry!"

It was like all the pieces started fitting in my mind.

"Sara...."

"What?"

"He was being followed by people,... dangerous people. I too had a fight . Then me telling him who I am and he telling me to go home because.. because I was drugged. That brownies sara, that free delicious thing! I was drugged. At last , we know that he is not only a member working with Harry but also involved in something dangerous."

"But Alisa ..."

The front gate opened and mom came in with a tray of some juices.

The laptop was kept open , I shut it down but wasn't sure whether she has seen what it were doing..

"Have some juice , my ladies . And after finishing , you both are sleeping. Got it?"

"Yeah"

She was so sturburn on what she says. She waited for us to drink the juice. After finishing it, I felt so tired that I slept.

..........

"How I look ?"

"Gorgeous Suzy", mom said setting my long dark blue dress.

Sara went home after having breakfast and we decided not to take any step till the function ends.

" Now only make-up is left."

My phone beeped to show a message from Harry.

-coming in ten minutes :)

"Second chance?", Mom asked making a small bun of my hair.

"Yeah"

"I recommend you to stay away."

"Your recommendation is not required."

"Why don't you understand , it is not what people show they are!"

"Mom I am not a fool. Stop treating harry as a criminal mind. Got it?"

I moved down giving me a last look in the mirror.

I saw a white Mercedes out of my front gate and I got in. I adjust my long dress in and looked up.

"Who are you?!!", I  screamed.

I didn't got a time to protest as someone pressed a handkerchief on my nose and I soon dozed off...

********