"Charlotte, I didn't think you would come, but it would be of great help," Katherine grinned devilishly, licking her lips.

She approached the Bernard girl, before the face of an angel was replaced with one of a demon and her fangs grew out before she bit into her wrist and force-fed Charlotte her blood.

Charlotte screamed but to no avail, she was equally disgusted and scared as she tried to push the vampire off of her but it was like a grip of steel.

"Everyone shall believe that I died, can't have you running around with such knowledge," Katherine whispered before snapping her neck.

"What a shame could have been friends, little Char...," She trailed off, chuckling to herself.

Katherine and the Lockwood picked up the Bernard before tying her mouth like the rest of the vampires had their mouths tied up.

"What a lovely death," The vampire commented before closing the cart.

Unbeknownst to her, that her not as loyal witch, wouldn't stand such cruelty and would come to the girl's aid.

The only way that Emily could have truly saved her was by giving her some blood and something spelled to protect her from the sun but she had no time to pull her out without being seen.

Emily placed a small tube of blood in the girl's dress and put on a necklace around her neck, something she had prepared days ago when she realized Katherine's cruel intentions towards the poor girl.

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte woke up, with a burning hunger for something she couldn't quite put her hand on, she looked around her to see many people groaning and holding their throats.

They looked hungry and that was quite obvious... Before it struck her.

Vampires.

She backed up into the wall, her face looking scornful as she looked at each of them, not realizing the sad truth that she was no longer some human afraid of the demonic creatures.

She was on the verge of becoming a demon, just like them.

Charlotte felt something on her chest and in her dress as her hand went to look for it, she found a tube.

She pulled it out to stare at the red substance, "Blood..., " Charlotte murmured, as all of the vampires looked to her.

Perhaps it wasn't the smartest thing to say in a tomb full of hungry desiccating vampires.

Pearl turned to the girl, recognizing her, "You are Charlotte Bernard... What are you doing here?" She questioned, as she looked at the vampires, silently ordering them to say in place.

"Katherine... she fed me her blood then...," Charlotte's memory came back to her as she thought of her last seconds alive, her hand instinctively went to her neck, looking horrified, "She killed me..."

"You are in transition... to become a vampire, Charlotte," Pearl revealed, speaking softly, afraid that the poor girl might have a meltdown, "You need to drink this, so you would survive this."

Pearl pointed to the tube full of blood in the girl's hands, as Charlotte questioned, "And if I don't drink?"

"You die, doll," One of the vampires stated, rolling his eyes.

Charlotte's eyes went over all of the vampires in the room before she quickly gave Pearl the tube, "Take it. I don't want it... I don't want to become a vampire."

Pearl shook her head, "You will die if you don't..."

Charlotte nodded to what the raven-haired said, "I would rather die than become the very thing my father had despised."

"Your father is dead and you will be soon if you don't drink this now--"

Pearl was cut off by Charlotte's stern voice, "I don't want it! I will just die then, Pearl! Why do you even care, your friend is the reason I am about to die!"

"I don't stand by everything Katherine does... my daughter is out there on her own because of Katherine's antics and I will be damned if I let you die too," Pearl shook her head vigorously before ripping off the cap of the tube.

"I am sorry," She apologized sincerely before wrapping a hand around Charlotte's throat, to force the blood into her mouth.

"No, no... Pearl! Please don't!" Charlotte was once again forced to down the metallic substance that she felt so despised to look at.

"Now, we are equals, doll," Richard, one of the vampires, tsk'd.

Charlotte involuntarily teared up, feeling the veins grow under her eyes, blood running down her throat. Her once doe eyes had become the ones of a true demon.

✵ ✵ ✵